I'm back to the Catholic Church after a short spurt with the Mormon church

  • Thread starter Thread starter Holly3278
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Holly3278

Guest
Hi everyone. I am back to the Catholic Church after having had a short spurt with the Mormon church. My ex-boyfriend, Jason, who was also my fiance for a few days convinced me to join Mormonism. Well, he then broke up with me and I realized the error of my ways and came back home to Rome. Please welcome me back with open arms. I really don’t want judgment but constructive criticism could be nice. 🙂
 
Firstly go to confession and confess your apostasy so that you can be reconciled with God, until you do so you are in a state of mortal sin and should not receive the Eucharist as you are currently unworthy to do so.

Secondly never ever, ever betray Christ for any earthly man, Christ allowed Himself to be crucified for you, compared to Him Jason does not even come close.

Thirdly never ever again make the mistake of courting a non-Catholic, the Church forbids mixed marriages for very good reasons, reasons that effect the salvation of your soul. If you had went through with your plans and remained an apostate till your death you would have been spending eternity in hell.

Fourthly you need to take steps to strengthen your Faith, it is far to weak and means far to little to you if you could so easily abandon it.

If God wishes you to marry He will provide you with a suitable spouse when it is the right time, and God knows when that is better than you. If you would have a good Catholic husband then be a good Catholic Lady. If you do not know how to be a good Catholic Lady then I recommend you get a copy of “The Catholic Girls Guide” by Fr. F.X. Lasance which you can buy from here: fraternitypublications.com/catholic-girls-guide----father-f-x-lasance.html
 
Hi Holly,

I think the first and best thing for you to do would be to seriously think about the fact that you were willing to leave the Church and be an apostate to a false religion because of a man. Think about what Truth is, what it means to you and what your responsibilities are to God once you’ve received the Truth. To whom much is given, much is expected. We all have our flaws and our weaknesses. Your behavior here shows very poor judgement and weak character IMO. This is constructive criticism because I think you have the ability to overcome this weakness, but you first need to be aware of it.

Scripture tells us that if you have the faith and then willfully throw it away, it’s much worse than if you never knew the truth at all. You came very close to losing your soul here and if you don’t realize that (not saying you don’t, but if you don’t) then it’s very likely the same thing will happen again. Maybe it won’t be a boyfriend you choose over your faith the next time, but it will be something. You don’t want that for yourself, do you?

My advice is to very humbly pray about these things and then go to Confession. I pray you will realize that your dignity as a woman (not to mention your immortal soul) is something that you must treasure and guard as if your life depends on it, which it does. These are things you can’t discard for anything or anybody, ever.
 
Hi everyone. I am back to the Catholic Church after having had a short spurt with the Mormon church. My ex-boyfriend, Jason, who was also my fiance for a few days convinced me to join Mormonism. Well, he then broke up with me and I realized the error of my ways and came back home to Rome.
:doh2:
Please welcome me back with open arms. I really don’t want judgment but constructive criticism could be nice.
:extrahappy:

:clapping: :clapping:

:harp:

:gopray2: :getholy: :crossrc:

Now where is that fatted calf?

God bless
 
Dear Holly,

My advice is for you to start looking into what you need to do to control your BPD, rather than letting your BPD control you. The religion hopping shows that you’re giving into those impulses to change identities rather than resisting them. I think you need some counseling to help you come up with some strategies you can use to manage the impulse to change faiths.

It is possible you are not in a state of mortal sin when you do leave the Church due to diminished capacity as a result of your disorder, but this is something you need to discuss with a priest. If you don’t already have a regular confessor, I would start going to the same priest so he is familiar with you and the challenges you face.

I also recommend cultivating a devotion to St. Dymphna, asking her to intercede for you each time you are tempted to leave the Church. Perhaps one way to manage the urge to change religions is to treat it like any other temptation - with resistance and prayer.

With prayers,
Becky
 
Hi everyone. I am back to the Catholic Church after having had a short spurt with the Mormon church. My ex-boyfriend, Jason, who was also my fiance for a few days convinced me to join Mormonism. Well, he then broke up with me and I realized the error of my ways and came back home to Rome. Please welcome me back with open arms. I really don’t want judgment but constructive criticism could be nice. 🙂
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Welcome back Holly! 🙂 :hug3:
 
Firstly go to confession and confess your apostasy so that you can be reconciled with God, until you do so you are in a state of mortal sin and should not receive the Eucharist as you are currently unworthy to do so.

Secondly never ever, ever betray Christ for any earthly man, Christ allowed Himself to be crucified for you, compared to Him Jason does not even come close.

Thirdly never ever again make the mistake of courting a non-Catholic, the Church forbids mixed marriages for very good reasons, reasons that effect the salvation of your soul. If you had went through with your plans and remained an apostate till your death you would have been spending eternity in hell.

Fourthly you need to take steps to strengthen your Faith, it is far to weak and means far to little to you if you could so easily abandon it.

If God wishes you to marry He will provide you with a suitable spouse when it is the right time, and God knows when that is better than you. If you would have a good Catholic husband then be a good Catholic Lady. If you do not know how to be a good Catholic Lady then I recommend you get a copy of “The Catholic Girls Guide” by Fr. F.X. Lasance which you can buy from here: fraternitypublications.com/catholic-girls-guide----father-f-x-lasance.html
Yes, I definitely do need to get back to confession and I will get back to confession as soon as possible.

Also, I agree with you that I should never betray my faith for an earthly man. What I did was dreadfully wrong and I should try my best to never do it again.

Also, I thought that the Church was ok with mixed marriages but simply frowned upon them? 🤷:confused:

Also, I know that I need to strengthen my faith. I am wanting to do that but I am not exactly sure how to do that. Please help!
Hi Holly,

I think the first and best thing for you to do would be to seriously think about the fact that you were willing to leave the Church and be an apostate to a false religion because of a man. Think about what Truth is, what it means to you and what your responsibilities are to God once you’ve received the Truth. To whom much is given, much is expected. We all have our flaws and our weaknesses. Your behavior here shows very poor judgement and weak character IMO. This is constructive criticism because I think you have the ability to overcome this weakness, but you first need to be aware of it.

Scripture tells us that if you have the faith and then willfully throw it away, it’s much worse than if you never knew the truth at all. You came very close to losing your soul here and if you don’t realize that (not saying you don’t, but if you don’t) then it’s very likely the same thing will happen again. Maybe it won’t be a boyfriend you choose over your faith the next time, but it will be something. You don’t want that for yourself, do you?

My advice is to very humbly pray about these things and then go to Confession. I pray you will realize that your dignity as a woman (not to mention your immortal soul) is something that you must treasure and guard as if your life depends on it, which it does. These are things you can’t discard for anything or anybody, ever.
Thank you for this constructive criticism. It is greatly appreciated. I admit that I must not have thought very much of my Catholic faith if I were to abandon it so easily. What can I do to increase my faith and respect for my Catholic faith? 🤷:confused:
:doh2:

:extrahappy:

:clapping: :clapping:

:harp:

:gopray2: :getholy: :crossrc:

Now where is that fatted calf?

God bless
Thanks! 🙂
Dear Holly,

My advice is for you to start looking into what you need to do to control your BPD, rather than letting your BPD control you. The religion hopping shows that you’re giving into those impulses to change identities rather than resisting them. I think you need some counseling to help you come up with some strategies you can use to manage the impulse to change faiths.

It is possible you are not in a state of mortal sin when you do leave the Church due to diminished capacity as a result of your disorder, but this is something you need to discuss with a priest. If you don’t already have a regular confessor, I would start going to the same priest so he is familiar with you and the challenges you face.

I also recommend cultivating a devotion to St. Dymphna, asking her to intercede for you each time you are tempted to leave the Church. Perhaps one way to manage the urge to change religions is to treat it like any other temptation - with resistance and prayer.

With prayers,
Becky
Yeah, I definitely need to manage my BPD better. It would help if I actually took my medicine every day.
Welcome back!!!

👍
Thanks! 🙂
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Welcome back Holly! 🙂 :hug3:
Thanks Eucharisted! 👍
 
:hug1: Welcome back and God Bless You!

Just one thing: its important to take your meds as prescribed. I know that sometimes its trying and can be a royal pain, but please take them. I have meds for my heart, migraines, I have to take every day, too, so I understand.

Excuse me while I help find that fatted calf…🙂
 
QUOTE=Leonius;Thirdly never ever again make the mistake of courting a non-Catholic, the Church forbids mixed marriages for very good reasons, reasons that effect the salvation of your soul. If you had went through with your plans and remained an apostate till your death you would have been spending eternity in hell. (end quote).

Where did you get that about the Church forbidding mixed marriages, Leonius? It’s not true.
 
Firstly go to confession and confess your apostasy so that you can be reconciled with God, until you do so you are in a state of mortal sin and should not receive the Eucharist as you are currently unworthy to do so.

Secondly never ever, ever betray Christ for any earthly man, Christ allowed Himself to be crucified for you, compared to Him Jason does not even come close.

Thirdly never ever again make the mistake of courting a non-Catholic,** the Church forbids mixed marriages for very good reasons**, reasons that effect the salvation of your soul. If you had went through with your plans and remained an apostate till your death you would have been spending eternity in hell.

Fourthly you need to take steps to strengthen your Faith, it is far to weak and means far to little to you if you could so easily abandon it.

If God wishes you to marry He will provide you with a suitable spouse when it is the right time, and God knows when that is better than you. If you would have a good Catholic husband then be a good Catholic Lady. If you do not know how to be a good Catholic Lady then I recommend you get a copy of “The Catholic Girls Guide” by Fr. F.X. Lasance which you can buy from here: fraternitypublications.com/catholic-girls-guide----father-f-x-lasance.html
That is not true. The Church does allow mixed marriages.
 
Also, I thought that the Church was ok with mixed marriages but simply frowned upon them? 🤷:confused:
Nope you still require a dispensation to have a mixed marriage due to the grave danger they can place the Catholic in.
Also, I know that I need to strengthen my faith. I am wanting to do that but I am not exactly sure how to do that. Please help!
Download this book:

ia310834.us.archive.org/2/items/catholicgirlsgui00lasa/catholicgirlsgui00lasa.pdf
 
Where did you get that about the Church forbidding mixed marriages, Leonius? It’s not true.
Then why is it that all mixed marriages require a dispensation? Clue, because it is against the law and can only be done if the Church agrees to dispense with the law in each individual case.

Relevant canons:

Canon 1086.1 A marriage is invalid when one of the two persons was baptised in the catholic Church or received into it and has not by a formal act defected from it, and the other was not baptised.

Canon 1124 Without the express permission of the competent authority, marriage is prohibited between two baptised persons, one of whom was baptised in the catholic Church or received into it after baptism and has not defected from it by a formal act, the other of whom belongs to a Church or ecclesial community not in full communion with the catholic Church.

Also see:

Apostolic Letter of Pope Paul VI in from of Motu Proprio - MATRIMONIA MIXTA (ON MIXED MARRIAGES) October 1, 1970
 
Y

Also, I know that I need to strengthen my faith. I am wanting to do that but I am not exactly sure how to do that. Please help!
Pray, pray, pray :D. Go to Mass as often as possible - more than on Sundays. But that can be hard when you’re (like me) steeped in sin and want to make excuses a lot!! Here’s how I get the spiritual fortification I need:
a) find a good, Catholic book that’s really inspirational. I like St. Faustina’s Divine Mercy in My Soul. She was a nun who had many, many visions of Jesus. In this book, a lot of the time, Jesus talks directly to sinners. Nothing like the Lord Himself calling you, directly, that makes you want to answer! I read a little every night. This helps me to …
b) Say my prayers. I started with the Divine Mercy Chaplet rather than the Rosary, for several reasons. It goes well with St. Faustina’s diary, since she received the chaplet from Jesus. It’s also a GREAT intro to meditative prayer like the Rosary - shorter, just as intense. Work up to Rosary after you get into the swing of the prayer, but keep that chaplet on your roster!! Jesus promised it to be a channel of great graces. Basically, you meditate upon His infinite love and mercy. You will learn to trust Him, and when you trust Him, you can do all things through Him. This chaplet has helped me grow so much in love for Him!!
c) say a prayer in the morning - bless yourself and tell Jesus that you love and trust Him. More is encouraged!
d) Go to Mass. Go to Adoration.
e) frequent confession
f) read all you can about the Church and Her precepts.
 
Thank you for this constructive criticism. It is greatly appreciated. I admit that I must not have thought very much of my Catholic faith if I were to abandon it so easily. What can I do to increase my faith and respect for my Catholic faith? 🤷:confused:
As far as advice goes, best I can do is reiterate what others have already said.

So, first of all-- take your medication as prescribed, every day. If you don’t then you’ll be operating in a state of diminished capacity which can be a serious roadblock to spiritual growth.

Secondly, make sure you stay in a state of grace. Receive the sacraments frequently to strengthen you and don’t skip your daily prayers. Pray with humility to God to remove any impediments to your prayer life. For instance, in my case I pray for perseverance and the ability to focus and tune out distractions.

It might also help you to learn more about the Church. There are a lot of Catholic speakers who preach Catechism and spirituality and you can find their talks online, many of them for free. A few good ones off the top of my head are Fr. Corapi, Fr. Larry Richards, Scott Hahn…

Those are a few suggestions, I hope it helps. 🙂
 
Hi everyone. I am back to the Catholic Church after having had a short spurt with the Mormon church. My ex-boyfriend, Jason, who was also my fiance for a few days convinced me to join Mormonism. Well, he then broke up with me and I realized the error of my ways and came back home to Rome. Please welcome me back with open arms. I really don’t want judgment but constructive criticism could be nice. 🙂
Dear Holly

A big welcome back home. I’m glad you sorted things out. You made the right choice.

God bless you:thumbsup:🙂
 
Welcome back, Holly.

You will find that the Lord will use this experience for your growth and spiritual maturity.
 
Hi everyone. I am back to the Catholic Church after having had a short spurt with the Mormon church. My ex-boyfriend, Jason, who was also my fiance for a few days convinced me to join Mormonism. Well, he then broke up with me and I realized the error of my ways and came back home to Rome. Please welcome me back with open arms. I really don’t want judgment but constructive criticism could be nice. 🙂
Welcome home. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top