I'm back to the Catholic Church after a short spurt with the Mormon church

  • Thread starter Thread starter Holly3278
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing makes Christ smile more then when he finds a lost sheep. Welcome home! Sorry about your break up with you misguided fiance.

A wise nun taught us back in high school. That love is blind. Marriage an institution, therefore Marriage is an institution for the blind. šŸ˜›

We do things for those we believe we love because we are blinded to the consequences. But luckily for some, those blinders come off, and we are reconciled with the church to which we were baptized. God bless you on your journey.
 
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advice! It is greatly appreciated! šŸ‘

That said, what do you all think of the new Catholic Answers Forums? I like it but I don’t particularly like the gray color scheme. I’m going to see if I can change that. šŸ™‚
 
Welcome back home Holly! šŸ™‚
You were given some good advice already in this thread, listening to Catholic radio as much as you can will strenghten your faith, I have learned so much in the past seven years of doing it. I thought I had a good grasp on my Catholic knowledge and then found out how much I didn’t know! It has also helped me to help others who have been away from the church or just didn’t understand something properly.
 
Welcome back! I just want to say one thing, although dispensation is indeed required, when granted it is not leading you on a path toward hell…
 
Pray, pray, pray :D. Go to Mass as often as possible - more than on Sundays. But that can be hard when you’re (like me) steeped in sin and want to make excuses a lot!! Here’s how I get the spiritual fortification I need:
a) find a good, Catholic book that’s really inspirational. I like St. Faustina’s Divine Mercy in My Soul. She was a nun who had many, many visions of Jesus. In this book, a lot of the time, Jesus talks directly to sinners. Nothing like the Lord Himself calling you, directly, that makes you want to answer! I read a little every night. This helps me to …
b) Say my prayers. I started with the Divine Mercy Chaplet rather than the Rosary, for several reasons. It goes well with St. Faustina’s diary, since she received the chaplet from Jesus. It’s also a GREAT intro to meditative prayer like the Rosary - shorter, just as intense. Work up to Rosary after you get into the swing of the prayer, but keep that chaplet on your roster!! Jesus promised it to be a channel of great graces. Basically, you meditate upon His infinite love and mercy. You will learn to trust Him, and when you trust Him, you can do all things through Him. This chaplet has helped me grow so much in love for Him!!
c) say a prayer in the morning - bless yourself and tell Jesus that you love and trust Him. More is encouraged!
d) Go to Mass. Go to Adoration.
e) frequent confession
f) read all you can about the Church and Her precepts.
Yes, I could use to do all of the things that you mention more often. I wish I could go to daily Mass but I do not currently live in a town that offers daily Mass and the nearest daily Mass is too far away for me to drive every day.
As far as advice goes, best I can do is reiterate what others have already said.

So, first of all-- take your medication as prescribed, every day. If you don’t then you’ll be operating in a state of diminished capacity which can be a serious roadblock to spiritual growth.

Secondly, make sure you stay in a state of grace. Receive the sacraments frequently to strengthen you and don’t skip your daily prayers. Pray with humility to God to remove any impediments to your prayer life. For instance, in my case I pray for perseverance and the ability to focus and tune out distractions.

It might also help you to learn more about the Church. There are a lot of Catholic speakers who preach Catechism and spirituality and you can find their talks online, many of them for free. A few good ones off the top of my head are Fr. Corapi, Fr. Larry Richards, Scott Hahn…

Those are a few suggestions, I hope it helps. šŸ™‚
Yeah I have had really severe problems with taking my medication in the past. I hate taking my medication even though I know it is for the best. Please pray that I would do good at remembering my medicine in the future.
Dear Holly

A big welcome back home. I’m glad you sorted things out. You made the right choice.

God bless you:thumbsup:šŸ™‚
Thanks John Russell Jr. I appreciate your kind post.
Welcome back, Holly.

You will find that the Lord will use this experience for your growth and spiritual maturity.
Thanks Beachcomber. I appreciate your kind and caring post. I truly do hope that the Lord will use this experience for my growth and spiritual maturity even though I have no idea how He plans to do that. šŸ˜‰
Welcome home. šŸ™‚
Thanks!
Nothing makes Christ smile more then when he finds a lost sheep. Welcome home! Sorry about your break up with you misguided fiance.

A wise nun taught us back in high school. That love is blind. Marriage an institution, therefore Marriage is an institution for the blind. šŸ˜›

We do things for those we believe we love because we are blinded to the consequences. But luckily for some, those blinders come off, and we are reconciled with the church to which we were baptized. God bless you on your journey.
Eh, I’m not too upset about the broken relationship. I didn’t really see the relationship lasting anyway.
Welcome back home Holly! šŸ™‚
You were given some good advice already in this thread, listening to Catholic radio as much as you can will strenghten your faith, I have learned so much in the past seven years of doing it. I thought I had a good grasp on my Catholic knowledge and then found out how much I didn’t know! It has also helped me to help others who have been away from the church or just didn’t understand something properly.
Oh ok. Unfortunately we don’t have Catholic radio in our area. Are there any good online Catholic radios that I can listen to?
Welcome home Holly!
Thanks xyneshia!
Welcome back! I just want to say one thing, although dispensation is indeed required, when granted it is not leading you on a path toward hell…
I agree with you AdvanceAlways. If a dispensation is given then it is not leading you on a path toward hell. The Church would not grant the dispensation if it was leading you on a path toward hell.
 
Hi Holly,

I am not sure if it was impulse control complicated by BPD OR ā€œloveā€ for Jason. I think you put a relationship before your faith. That happens. I am glad you have returned to the Catholic faith. I, too, joined other churches for other reasons. Now, I am Catholic and have been a ā€œreturnedā€ one for two and a half years.

Pray that you will find a Catholic guy. I’ll keep you in my prayers.

Also, as others have suggested, listen to Catholic radio. I listen to EWTN, CatholicTV, and TraditionalCatholicRadio over the internet. I always learn something new. It feels so good to have a Catholic station on.
 
Praying for you Holly. Really, really, really want you to stay in the Catholic Church. It’s the True Church and the fullness of what our Lord has given us. Please keep in mind that our faith is not about feelings, it’s about what we believe. Try to keep that first and foremost in your thoughts…

Take Care and God Bless…
 
Welcome home…it was probably a necessary part of your journey to appreciate your Faith… you are back now - move forward in your Faith and the Love of God-with new eyes and appreciation…my prayers are with you…the wordsā€¦ā€œgo and sin no moreā€ come to mind…God Bless
 
When Jesus came upon people about to stone Mary Magdellan, Jesus said, ā€œLet the man who has not sinned cast the first stone.ā€ And everyone left.

It’s so easy for us to get pulled away from the Truth, to know what is right, and to have the courage and fortitude to follow Jesus everyday, every minute.

When Jesus was on earth, He said he had not come for the saints but for the sinners.

Jesus said something like this, prayer without ceasing because Satan is always near to entice you away from God.

Happy to have you back home.

Theresa (quacker66)šŸ™‚
 
HI Holly,
Welcome Home and Welcome back to the Forum where you can always find someone who will tell you that you are demon possessed, mentally ill or of low intelligence. Actually its very common for people to see what’s on the other side of the fence. Its normal human behavior. We are so lucky and blessed to have a Bible that lets us know that we all have wandered off and that there is a sure way home. There has been the good advice to talk to your priest and be renewed in you faith but other than that subjecting yourself to alot of fear and trauma is not of much value.

I am very concerned that some people responding to your post have characterized you as a BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder). Offering Medical or Psychiatric clinical Diagnoses is highly inappropriate and I think forbidden on the CAF.

The appropriate response is glad hosannas. You are Home. Hooray.
 
. . .

I am very concerned that some people responding to your post have characterized you as a BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder). Offering Medical or Psychiatric clinical Diagnoses is highly inappropriate and I think forbidden on the CAF… . …
This is something Holly revealed about herself a while ago in other threads.
 
Mixed marriages are only allowed with a special dispensation. Otherwise, they’re forbidden. šŸ™‚
That’s interesting. Would one necessarily know that they had received a dispensation? I only ask because mine is a mixed marriage (dh is a lapsed Congregationalist :)) and I don’t recall a dispensation being mentioned. Also, we were married with a full nuptial Mass.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top