S
stormy1982
Guest
My husband and I have been together for three years and from the beginning he was uncomfortable about his past and rarely talked about it. I know that he was abandoned by his father and taken away from his mother who tortured and tried to kill him.
In addition to a childhood filled with abuse, he has suffered with alcoholism, divorce and the loss of his children (from his previous marriage)
Yesterday I found some internet sites that he has been looking at on Atheism so I asked him about it. He completely broke down and began crying and hitting himself in the head. He told me that he felt broken inside, unloved by God and that he prays that God will kill him. He told me that it is becoming harder and harder to believe in God at all and that he has felt this way since he was a child.
I am very afraid that I may lose my Husband. I love him very much but he won’t talk to me and truthfully, I’m ill-equipped to help him. He went to college and got a degree in theology, converted to the Catholic Church after his first marriage. I thought his faith and love for God were strong but he told me that he has been faking it his whole life because he is too ashamed to admit that he hates God. He said he hates God and is terrified of going to hell!
I don’t know what to do. He said that he has talked to priests before and they just tell him to keep praying. He is so full of rage, I’m afraid that he might hurt himself and it will be 40 days before I can get him to the doctor. What should I do?
In addition to a childhood filled with abuse, he has suffered with alcoholism, divorce and the loss of his children (from his previous marriage)
Yesterday I found some internet sites that he has been looking at on Atheism so I asked him about it. He completely broke down and began crying and hitting himself in the head. He told me that he felt broken inside, unloved by God and that he prays that God will kill him. He told me that it is becoming harder and harder to believe in God at all and that he has felt this way since he was a child.
I am very afraid that I may lose my Husband. I love him very much but he won’t talk to me and truthfully, I’m ill-equipped to help him. He went to college and got a degree in theology, converted to the Catholic Church after his first marriage. I thought his faith and love for God were strong but he told me that he has been faking it his whole life because he is too ashamed to admit that he hates God. He said he hates God and is terrified of going to hell!
I don’t know what to do. He said that he has talked to priests before and they just tell him to keep praying. He is so full of rage, I’m afraid that he might hurt himself and it will be 40 days before I can get him to the doctor. What should I do?