I'm struggling. I invite you to share yours too

  • Thread starter Thread starter Swiftdove
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Swiftdove

Guest
With the Coronavirus crackdown in our state, Ohio, I was ready go hunker down with our household. 5 children at home. Well, my current cross has me in a place of not knowing when I will see 3 of my children again. Here’s how.

The 3 go to their dad’s regularly, on scheduled visitation amd shared parenting. My husband has been following our governers reccomendations, and now orders very closely from the beginning. It was advised to not leave and be around others as you know, and we had to make the choice to keep children here (against court orders breaking vistits) or let them go, because my husband said it’s not worth risk of letting them go back and forth.

I will mention it was pushing it around here to have the full house because we would easily go through a gallon of milk a day, carton of eggs, ect. And that is all our stores are allowing for purchase.1 each. (We do online and pickup so have to spend 30 for each order at least) there were times we didnt have what we needed.

Pregnant me, And all pregnant women have recently been moved to high risk category. We wrote up a document having it signed that the children will be back April 9th before they left… Now I am high risk and my husband is concerned children may come back carrying covid19. Unfortunately we have went back and forth, I wanted them to come back somehow, no matter what, and then just keep them against court order… But my husband wants us to make it till this thing dies down a bit , and if it doesn’t, then until the baby is born in August. This is so hard. There’s no way… 😦

The uncertainty of how long this will go on is now bothering me more than I thought it would. I never imagined having to hand my children over for God only knows how long. I miss them. They are 3, 4, and 9.

I didnt want to just complain but have it written out so it’s not just bubbling inside… I’m sure this will get harder. Now, If you are having any trouble, big or small, share here, what does your current cross look like ? It doesn’t have to be relating to the pandemic. .
 
Last edited:
Ohhh so sorry you are separated from your little ones.These are tough and uncertain times for sure.Are you able to do FaceTime regularly with them,? no doubt they are missing you as well. 🙁
 
Not so far, but that is something we will have to do. Yeah, maybe that will be nice.
 
I am not sure how your kids moving back and forth between houses (assuming they are staying home at both homes) would put you at higher risk for the virus. A car ride between houses is not going to make them catch anything.

I think that your children should be kept to the court ordered visitation. The last thing you need is legal trouble on either side. It’s not worth it.
 
Complain, complain all you want weather to us or to God. Wouldnt be good for you or your children is to hold in how you feel. Worse to explode in front of them out of fear or anger without meaning too.

If writing things here help then please do it. God knows how you feel sometimes we need to understand and let out how we really feel as well to help us through difficult times.

Waiting, is my only struggle. I work for an airline and we are still exposed because people are still flying. More and more TSA employees are testing positive. Now atleast 30 cruises have docked with the people who were stuck out in the ocean. They are now coming the the airport to fly home. Feels like Im living on a ticking time bomb.

I cant imagine what you are going through not being able to be with your children. I pray you are all allowed to be reunited soon… and have amazing internet connections for screen chats in the mean time.🙂
 
Last edited:
I am wondering if anyone else feels guilty about sleeping later, or watching more tv, or spending more time on CAF since they are confined to their home? I know I shouldn’t feel that way because it’s not my doing, but I still do! 🤨
 
Well. Their dad thinks this whole thing is no big deal, and sort of a conspiracy. He has no fear of the virus and usually has a slew of people over. I’m not sure if he’s changing his lifestyle much. He may even still be treating patients at his home chiropractic. We just dont know. The legality of this is something a few people are writing about, but mostly lawyers who are wanting to take advantage. We never had it written “in case of a pandemic the children shall reside…”

I would like to agree and let the children come home. But my husband absolutely thinks its unnecessary to let them come and go at this time. He says it is life or death for me being pregnant.
 
@Irishmom2, I liked your post mot for the feel guilty part but for the honesty of your post. I dont think you should feel guilty at all. Thank God you can stay home. It helps you and others.
 
It was really nice one day and I was out raking out my flower beds. But it’s been dreary the last few days and colder. Making lists of garden hopes for this year, and planning to start several varieties of zinnias from seed. I have lots to keep me busy, I just feel like I should be doing something “else,” because I enjoy a lot of the things I do to keep busy. 🤨
 
So he doesn’t want to see them now? Hmmmmm. Are you working with an attorney? Would a quick phone call to him/her settle this?
 
No I’m poor broke and happy and happy and have no attourney. Lol who doesn’t want to see them?
 
I hope your situation gets more secure. Perhaps less people will have to work. It is uncertain for you too, I see. Thanks for the comforting words. God bless
 
Not feeling guilty, but am getting bored of such things. I have like 40 tomato sprouts and 12 pepper. I too want to start my zinnias. Not sure if I’ll be able to dig a garden big enough for all this lol … been youtubing gardening tips and debating if it’s too late to start a compost. all things on my mind…
 
Any tips for zinnias? I never started them from seed before.
I can’t get them to grow well in my flowerbeds, and when they do sprout, the deer eat them. Good luck.

One tip about watering them: Zinnias don’t like having water on their foliage or flowers. Water them at their roots, and try to keep it from going onto the plants.
 
@Irishmom2 I never have either, but I see them growing here in ohio in abundance for those who plant.
My plan is to start about 20 in peat pellets, and the rest in starter pots, maybe a few in actual pots that they will grow in. Doing this to see where the success lies… I used the toiletpaper roll method for some pepper seeds and they are doing well. Then you can plant the whole roll into the ground or pot when the zinnia is ready, about 3-4 weeks.
 
I do not, were in town sorta, with a big backyard.
Here’s what I found in a jiffy. First off, I didn’t see zinnias on the deers favorites list, but just incase
Asparagus, horseradish, garlic, lavender, and chives are great perennial plants to deter deer. You can also plant non-perennials like thyme, sage, mint, ginger, rosemary, and parsley. The strong scent keeps em at bay.
Make a windchime out of tin cans.
Make a fence line out of fishing line.
Make a scarecrow. (That would be fun for me) 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top