L
linuxology
Guest
Understand that the teaching of the Immaculate Conception is Dogma and a required belief.
Why does the Church state that this is a required belief? I am not saying that it is impossible for the Immaculate Conception to happen, as all things are possible through God. It is a belief that I just do not know with 100% certainty that it happened and do not understand the idea behind it. In a way it makes since as Jesus was conceived without sin, but other questions arise. I feel this belief is irrelevant to one’s salvation. Should I be excommunicated?
Why does the Church state that this is a required belief? I am not saying that it is impossible for the Immaculate Conception to happen, as all things are possible through God. It is a belief that I just do not know with 100% certainty that it happened and do not understand the idea behind it. In a way it makes since as Jesus was conceived without sin, but other questions arise. I feel this belief is irrelevant to one’s salvation. Should I be excommunicated?