O
oneseeker
Guest
I am not Catholic, but am seriously looking into both Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy (much to the chagrin of my husband).
The sad face is for hubbyâs chagrin, not the churches!
My question is this- if Mary was immaculately conceived, which I have read interesting teachings to suggest, then isnât she better than us regular folk? What I mean is, when Mary accepted what the angel told her about becoming Jesusâ mother as a virgin, she didnât really have free will choice about it, did she? If she had even the idea of saying no, then that was a sin against God. She was already âpre-conditionedâ spiritually to accept this, being âfull of grace.â Therefore, that puts her on a pedestal of near-godliness in comparison to us b/c I bet if that happened to us, we wouldnât just say âas he willsâ or anything close to it!
What am I misunderstanding? Or am I misunderstanding? I understand the idea of a clean âark of the new covenant.â I just donât understand how she had any real choice in the matter being full of grace.
TIA,
oneseeker
What am I misunderstanding? Or am I misunderstanding? I understand the idea of a clean âark of the new covenant.â I just donât understand how she had any real choice in the matter being full of grace.
TIA,
oneseeker