Immaculate Conception

• Thread starter Thread starter SaintJVMan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
SaintJVMan:
Happy Feast of the Immaculate Conception!!
Yes, let me second this.

Happy Feast of the Conception of the Theotokos in the Womb of St. Anne!!!

:gopray2:

I thought that was worth sharing:
---------------------------------
The Wonders of Science
12/7/2004 9:02:00 PM - Steve Kellmeyer

The Wonders of Science
A few weeks ago, I attended a philosophical debate on the merits of abortion. Shortly after the discussion began, I pointed out that this act destroyed a human person.
“Do you have proof of that?” asked several members of the panel simultaneously.
“Of course,” I replied, “proof that cannot be controverted.”
“What proof would that be?”
“The declaration of the dogma of the Immaculate Conception,” I replied.
“That’s not proof!” they shouted.
“Oh, but it is,” said I, and proceeded to demonstrate how.
Back to the Beginning
This brings us back to the problem of the human person and the human embryo. It is important to remember that the word “person” is a religious term. It was taken over from the Greek word for the mask worn by a stage actor during the Greek plays. Tertullian used it first in a religious sense in the late 2nd century in order to describe how God exists in himself. Boethius defined it in the sixth century and Aquinas explained the ramifications of the definition in the twelfth century.
If modern society is serious about separating church from state, then the state must surrender its use of the word “person.” It has no more or less a place in the secular vocabulary than does the God whom it is meant to describe. But all of this does not answer the first question. How do we know a person exists at conception?
Simple. We know that human persons begin at the moment of conception because Mary has always been understood to have been immaculately conceived. Now, the Immaculate Conception means only that she had no stain of original sin upon her at the moment she came into existence. Only persons can sin. Chairs, stones, trees, dogs none of these can sin because none of them are persons. So, if we say Mary was free from sin at the moment of conception, we are simultaneously saying Mary was a person at the moment of conception. Since she is only a human person and no different from the rest of us (apart from this lack of original sin), whatever we can say about her we can say about us.
If she is a person at the moment of conception, so is each one of us. Contrary to popular Massachusetts opinion, we know for a fact that the human person begins at conception because the science of theology tells us so, and we have two millenia of witnesses to back it up.
Isn’t science wonderful?
catholiccitizens.org/press/contentview.asp?c=21400

I saw part of a program on EWTN last night with Scott Hahn entitled “Hail, Holy Queen.”

One comment he made that I had never heard before really made sense to me. He said that if Jesus is the New Adam, and Mary is the New Eve, then of course they both came into this world without sin, just as Adam and Eve were originally without sin.

It was when Adam and Eve disobeyed God, that they lost their grace and became “dis-graced.” Mary is addressed as one who is “full of grace.” Our baptism fills our empty souls with grace; Mary was filled with that grace from her conception!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee!

Today is a good day for another Scott Hahn*ism. *Scott notes that scripture was written without our present chapter divisions and points out that when the Ark of the Covenant is revealed in heaven in the Book of Revelations what follows immediately is a very telling and important description.

“Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the Ark of His Covenant could be seen in the Temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder, an earthquake, and a violent hailstorm. A great sign appeared in the sky, a Woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth.” Rev. 11:19, 12:1

Mary, the Ark of the Covenant!

Daily Renewal of Total Consecration

Immaculata, Queen and Mother of the Church, I renew my consecration to you this day and for always, so that you may use me for the coming of the Kingdom of Jesus in the whole world. To this end I offer you all my prayers, actions and sacrifices of this day.

Led Zeppelin75:
I’ll remember John Lennon on this day instead…
**Dover Beach **

**by Matthew Arnold **

The sea is calm to-night.
The tide is full, the moon lies fair
Upon the straits; -on the French coast the light
Gleams and is gone; the cliffs of England stand,
Glimmering and vast, out in the tranquil bay.
Come to the window, sweet is the night air!
Only, from the long line of spray
Where the sea meets the moon-blanch’d land,
Listen! you hear the grating roar
Of pebbles which the waves draw back, and fling,
At their return, up the high strand,
Begin, and cease, and then again begin,
With tremulous cadence slow, and bring
The eternal note of sadness in. Sophocles long ago
Heard it on the Aegean, and it brought
Into his mind the turbid ebb and flow
Of human misery; we
Find also in the sound a thought,
Hearing it by this distant northern sea.

The Sea of Faith
Was once, too, at the full, and round earth’s shore
Lay like the folds of a bright girdle furl’d.
But now I only hear
Its melancholy, long, withdrawing roar,
Retreating, to the breath
Of the night-wind, down the vast edges drear
And naked shingles of the world.

Ah, love, let us be true
To one another! for the world, which seems
To lie before us like a land of dreams,
So various, so beautiful, so new,
Hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light,

Nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain;
And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
Where ignorant armies clash by night.

**[1867] **

When I saw that you are from Dover, and considered your statement, Ithought of this lonely poem. This poem is so wrong about the world. It may seem that we are on a confused and violent plain, but there is certitude, peace, and help for pain. It is found in the Faith. I said a prayer for you to the Blessed Virgin, that she might intercede on your behalf and that the grace of faith may be conceived in your heart on this special day that celebrates her Immaculate Conception.

Oh yeah…and here’s another poem by some guy named John and his friend Paul (Not the New Testament dudes)…

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
There will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
Let it be, let it be. Yeah
There will be an answer, let it be. And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Let it be, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

Peace!

40.png
st_felicity:
When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
Let it be, let it be. Yeah
There will be an answer, let it be. And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Let it be, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
Let it Be is a great song, great lyrics. Not their best though. Here’s a GREAT lyric written by John for his solo album in 1971:

Imagine there’s no heaven
It’s easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today…

Imagine there’s no countries
It isn’t hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace…

You may say I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope someday you’ll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world…

But I’m not the only one
And the world will live as one

Led Zeppelin75:
Let it Be is a great song, great lyrics. Not their best though. Here’s a GREAT lyric written by John for his solo album in 1971:

Imagine there’s no heaven
It’s easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today…

Yeah…it IS easy–that’s the point–having faith is hard–that’s why it’s a grace given by God. And people DO live for today too often. John Lennon KNOWS what “tomorrow” holds!

Imagine there’s no countries
It isn’t hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace…

Yeah… to have peace without God–I would have to be imagining!

But I’m not the only one
And the world will be as one

I too hope someday you will join us as we live as One with God and the communion of saints when Christ comes again in Glory!

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world…

I don’t have to imagine this–THIS is how God Created the world to begin with. This is how he intended the world to exist, but our foolishness, selfishness, and pride brought on the fall.

But I’m not the only one
And the world will live as one
Again–I’n not the only one and I’m sure all devout Catholics "hope someday you’ll join us!"

Peace & Love!

"Yeah…it IS easy–that’s the point–having faith is hard–that’s why it’s a grace given by God. And people DO live for today too often. John Lennon KNOWS what “tomorrow” holds!"

It’ s called poetry, Lennon uses little words like “it’s easy”. Lennon is dead, he knows nothing anymore. He knows that with religion there is no tomorrow!

"Yeah… to have peace without God–I would have to be imagining! "

Do religious wars strike a memory?

I too hope someday you will join us as we live as One with God and the communion of saints when Christ comes again in Glory!”

I don’t want to be with any hypocritacl religion anymore. It’s nonsense. Lennon knows this.

"I don’t have to imagine this–THIS is how God Created the world to begin with. This is how he intended the world to exist, but our foolishness, selfishness, and pride brought on the fall. "

Then why doesn’t he make it happen? He IS god afterall.

"Again–I’n not the only one and I’m sure all devout Catholics "hope someday you’ll join us!"
I’m quite fine on my own thank you. I want to live my one and onlt life the best I can. And religion is not that way.

Led Zeppelin75 said:
"

It’ s called poetry, Lennon uses little words like “it’s easy”. Lennon is dead, he knows nothing anymore. He knows that with religion there is no tomorrow!

I’m sure you understood my point. I hope John is alive and well in the presence of God.

Do religious wars strike a memory?

The sins of men have nothing to do with the what God intends for us–Satan is the one who twists the goodness given us by God and leads men to do evil–even those who may claim to be doing it for good.

I don’t want to be with any hypocritacl religion anymore. It’s nonsense. Lennon knows this.

Again, evil can be done by men–we are weak, and we are also free. But God has given us all we need to know Him.

Then why doesn’t he make it happen? He IS god afterall.

He could have come down from the cross too, but he didn’t because he chose to love us by giving his life. God knows what he’s doing–maybe he’s waiting for you to come to know him. Wanna test out that theory?

I’m quite fine on my own thank you. I want to live my one and onlt life the best I can. And religion is not that way.

You have that choice. I choose to pray for you.

Peace and Love!

“The sins of men have nothing to do with the what God intends for us–Satan is the one who twists the goodness given us by God and leads men to do evil–even those who may claim to be doing it for good.”

So was Satan behind the pope when he called for the murder of muslums?

“Again, evil can be done by men–we are weak, and we are also free. But God has given us all we need to know Him.”

That;s utter nonsense. There is no evidence for God’s existance, how can he have given us anything?

“He could have come down from the cross too, but he didn’t because he chose to love us by giving his life. God knows what he’s doing–maybe he’s waiting for you to come to know him. Wanna test out that theory?”

Yeah I do, why would god show himself so everyone can believe and be saved? Since that is his true will.

“You have that choice.”

That’;s right, and so do you. You’ll never be free until you give it up.

The evidence for the existence of God is all around you.

I want you to consider this:
You are logging on to this forum for one of two reasons…
  1. You are trying to cause discord and harm the peaceful faith of others by tearing down their beliefs.
NOPE–i don’t think this is the case–you seem to be respectful enopugh in your posts and you aren’t being insulting.

OR…
  1. Something else has drawn you to this forum–an empty space that needs to be filled–you have a longing in you and you find yourself communicating with someone across the Atlantic–and now she’s praying for you!
Peace and Love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back