J
JPUSC
Guest
A commenter on NBC for today’s canonization, I think her name is Kathleen, said that Jesus was the only human being who didnt sin. Isn’t Mary the other one who didn’t sin?
A reporter for a secular new media made a mistakeA commenter on NBC for today’s canonization, I think her name is Kathleen, said that Jesus was the only human being who didnt sin. Isn’t Mary the other one who didn’t sin?
This is commonly held Protestant view. Perhaps it is that the commentator is Protestant.A commenter on NBC for today’s canonization, I think her name is Kathleen, said that Jesus was the only human being who didnt sin. Isn’t Mary the other one who didn’t sin?
The only one we know of, yes.A commenter on NBC for today’s canonization, I think her name is Kathleen, said that Jesus was the only human being who didnt sin. Isn’t Mary the other one who didn’t sin?
Yes, Jesus’ sinlessness is different from Mary’s.This is commonly held Protestant view. Perhaps it is that the commentator is Protestant.
Jesus’ not sinning is fundamentally different than Mary 's though. Right?
It isn’t “blameless before the Lord” that is the support for her sinlessness. It’s the fact that she is κεχαριτωμένη (kecharitōmenē).I’m going to go out on a limb and say that being “blameless before the Lord” is not the same as being sinless. But if one were to want to make that equation, a quick Bible search would show several folks who were:
biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=blameless&qs_version=NIV
Yes, I am 100% with you.It isn’t “blameless before the Lord” that is the support for her sinlessness. It’s the fact that she is κεχαριτωμένη (kecharitōmenē).
There have been millions!!!
Any Baptized person who dies before reaching the age of reason (discernment) dies without sin.
Anyone to whom the Grace of Baptism is imparted by martyrdom (Baptism of Blood) dies without sin.
I’ll give you another one:The only one we know of, yes.
Not according to St. Augustine. He reasoned in his Confession that he sinned as an infant in his mother’s arms.There have been millions!!!
Any Baptized person who dies before reaching the age of reason (discernment) dies without sin.
Anyone to whom the Grace of Baptism is imparted by martyrdom (Baptism of Blood) dies without sin.
Even if that were true (I haven’t checked) and St. Augustine were correct, it would be venial. There is no way an infant can form perfect knowledge, understanding, and intent.Not according to St. Augustine. He reasoned in his Confession that he sinned as an infant in his mother’s arms.
Let’s not forget Venial sins are still sins! They separate us from God! You just don’t need to go to the confessional for forgiveness.Even if that were true (I haven’t checked) and St. Augustine were correct, it would be venial. There is no way an infant can form perfect knowledge, understanding, and intent.
You suffer in purgatory if you die with venial sinLet’s not forget Venial sins are still sins! They separate us from God! You just don’t need to go to the confessional for forgiveness.
I tend to hear a lot Venial sins being equated to nothing!
You go through purgatory if you are not completely removed from all attachment to sin. Not just if you have venial sins, but if you are not a full blown saint.You suffer in purgatory if you die with venial sin
YeahYou go through purgatory if you are not completely removed from all attachment to sin. Not just if you have venial sins, but if you are not a full blown saint.
The act of contrition in mass is where we receive Gods forgiveness from venial sins.