N
nkelly
Guest
Hello all, I would be grateful for some clarification on the following verse from scripture:
John 6:
54 Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you.
What does it mean to “not have life in you”? Does it mean that without receiving Holy Communion, we cannot have grace in our souls? Does it mean that without Communion, our souls
are effectively dead?
If this is the case, aren’t the implication for protestants rather serious?
God bless,
Noel.
John 6:
54 Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you.
What does it mean to “not have life in you”? Does it mean that without receiving Holy Communion, we cannot have grace in our souls? Does it mean that without Communion, our souls
are effectively dead?
If this is the case, aren’t the implication for protestants rather serious?
God bless,
Noel.