Impure thoughts

  • Thread starter Thread starter mymamamary
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mymamamary

Guest
Dear Forum!

Heres my question.

I was watching a show and it showed a man and his wife, then my mind said that she is good looking, which I think was innocent, but then it turned into an impure thought. Im so horrified that Im typing and asking this. As soon as I had the thought I said to myself “JESUS I TRUST IN YOU” and I was horrified. I still am. A FSSP Priest told me that if I have to ask, its not a mortal sin, especially scrupulous old me, but still im gonna ask the ubitiqious question:

Is this a mortal sin??

Can I please get some help??
 
Yes, you’re going to burn in hell forever, tormented by unquenchable flames.

Next question?
 
Not a Mortal sin, though you should confess it next time you go to confession.
 
do you have any friends other than the forum ? you have to do something about this. no order will take someone in this state,this is very unhealthy.a priest can’t minister to the faithful if their are in a state of constant doubt. you have to talk to someone qualified to deal with this,face to face.not this internet nonsense.
 
So is this a mortal sin or not???

Im so stuck and confused!!

Please help and Pray!!
 
Can I please get some help??
Yes, of course you can get some help…

from your confessor!

Seriosuly, your confessor is the person to ask about such things, not internet strangers. People who struggle with scrupulosity should be seeing a regular confessor who can advise them on these matter and more.

Moreover, who here is more qualified to answer this than the priest who has already advised you?
 
someone has answered,i’m starting to believe you are manipulating people on this forum.
 
No, mortal sin requires full knowledge and intent. You began praying, which means you resisted temptation.
 
So is this a mortal sin or not???

Im so stuck and confused!!

Please help and Pray!!
Mortal sin:
  1. full knowledge
  2. grave matter
  3. full consent
a quick impure thought that you immediately tried to get rid of through prayer could not possibly be a mortal sin…get a grip, kid! you need to see a priest to get rid of your scrupulosity!

and I will say…you better get used to it! if you’re a young man, you’ve got raging hormones, and if you’re discerning priesthood, you’ve got temptations…no offense, but this is not going to stop. you can take it from me…
 
Yes, of course you can get some help…

from your confessor!

Seriosuly, your confessor is the person to ask about such things, not internet strangers. People who struggle with scrupulosity should be seeing a regular confessor who can advise them on these matter and more.

Moreover, who here is more qualified to answer this than the priest who has already advised you?
someone has answered,i’m starting to believe you are manipulating people on this forum.
do you have any friends other than the forum ? you have to do something about this. no order will take someone in this state,this is very unhealthy.a priest can’t minister to the faithful if their are in a state of constant doubt. you have to talk to someone qualified to deal with this,face to face.not this internet nonsense.
yup…to all of these
 
Yes, you’re going to burn in hell forever, tormented by unquenchable flames.

Next question?
I believe this is what was making the OP confused.

I’m assuming your being sarcastic ExCatholicGuy, sarcasm doesn’t translate well on the internet 😛
 
I believe this is what was making the OP confused.

I’m assuming your being sarcastic ExCatholicGuy, sarcasm doesn’t translate well on the internet 😛
Between a username of ExCatholicGuy and Religion being “former Catholic”, I’m going with obvious sarcasm. 😉
 
one thing i feel sure of, God is NOT going to condemn you to hell for thinking something “dirty” for a split second, sweetie. don’t obsess over it, you stopped it, took no pleasure in it, and Jesus knows we fail! just go to confession, make it up to Him, and move on, confident in His love, ok? I understand so much the temptation to fear every shadow of sin, and to doubt and doubt again…it’s ok.
 
Thanks everyone!

by the way, I wasnt trying to manipulate anyone as a poster said, I was honestly scared and confused.

Thanks though!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top