A
ardreadnought
Guest
First of all, my apologies for bring this thread up. I know there are a lot of other threads and I’ve read a lot of them.
Our family is currently in RCIA and RCIC and will be coming into the church during the coming Easter vigil!
We have let our families know and one side has been very negative of the aspect. I received an email from them that there was only one way to heaven and we were not taking the correct path. Since that email they have not wanted to have anything to do with my wife and I, but only want to see our daughter alone. When I push back and let them know they can see us as a family they have “something else to do and will take a rain check”.
I know they are just concerned for their grand-daughter, but they need to respect our choices as a family. I have thought about going and talking with their pastor about it, but not sure what that would achieve. I have been thinking of going over to their house and discussing the issue with them to come to some sort of amicable solution.
I’ve always looked highly to those who post here and welcome any suggestions you have!
Grace and Peace
Our family is currently in RCIA and RCIC and will be coming into the church during the coming Easter vigil!
We have let our families know and one side has been very negative of the aspect. I received an email from them that there was only one way to heaven and we were not taking the correct path. Since that email they have not wanted to have anything to do with my wife and I, but only want to see our daughter alone. When I push back and let them know they can see us as a family they have “something else to do and will take a rain check”.
I know they are just concerned for their grand-daughter, but they need to respect our choices as a family. I have thought about going and talking with their pastor about it, but not sure what that would achieve. I have been thinking of going over to their house and discussing the issue with them to come to some sort of amicable solution.
I’ve always looked highly to those who post here and welcome any suggestions you have!
Grace and Peace