The Bible is alive in the sense that it is a vessel for the Word & Spirit of Christ Jesus.
Who cares about the papyrus, the trees turned into pulp into paper, etc.??
It is the message of Christ Jesus that will live forever.
===========================
JOHN 6
- 32 … it is my Father who gives you the real bread from heaven.
- 33 For the bread that God gives is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.
- 35 I am the bread of life, Jesus told them.
Those who come to me will never be hungry; those who believe in me will never be thirsty.
- 40 For what my Father wants is that all who see the Son and believe in him should have eternal life. And I will raise them to life on the last day.
- 47 I am telling you the truth: he who believes has eternal life.
- 48 I am the bread of life.
- 49 Your ancestors ate manna in the desert, but they died.
- 50 But the bread that comes down from heaven is of such a kind that whoever eats it will not die.
- 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If you eat this bread, you will live forever. The bread that I will give you is my flesh, which I give so that the world may live.
- 53 I am telling you the truth: if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you will not have life in yourselves.
**- 54 Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will raise them to life on the last day.
- 55 For my flesh is the real food; my blood is the real drink.
- 56 Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them.
- 57 The living Father sent me, and because of him I live also. In the same way whoever eats me will live because of me.
- 58 This, then, is the bread that came down from heaven; it is not like the bread that your ancestors ate, but then later died. Those who eat this bread will live forever.**
- 63 What gives life is God’s Spirit; human power is of no use at all. The words I have spoken to you bring God’s life-giving Spirit.
- 68 Simon Peter answered him,
Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life.
WISDOM 9 (is a cross-reference from John 6:63)
13 Who can ever learn the will of God?**14 Human reason is not adequate for the task, and our philosophies tend to mislead us,15 because our mortal bodies weigh our souls down. The body is a temporary structure made of earth, a burden to the active mind.**16 All we can do is make guesses about things on earth; we must struggle to learn about things that are close to us.
Who, then, can ever hope to understand heavenly things?17 No one has ever learned your will, unless you first gave him Wisdom, and sent your holy spirit down to him.18 In this way people on earth have been set on the right path, have learned what pleases you, and have been kept safe by Wisdom.
===========================
Now, would somebody here like to tell me that the Protestants are wrong in their belief that the body & blood of Christ are merely representations for the Word & Spirit of Christ?
Reading these words… it seems fairly obvious to me that flesh & blood are but metaphorical terms! Eat would probly be best replaced with consume.
Make whole God’s Word & God’s Spirit. Consume the message of God so that you will become less of this world, and your soul will live eternally.
In the same way that we do not care for the form of the Bible (papyrus, tree → pulp → paper) as much as its substance (Spirit & Word of God)… why even care at all for worldly flesh & blood??