J
Jaime
Guest
Is it a mortal sin if we fail to rebuke others when we see them committing sins? For example, if we are too timid to tell others when something they are doing is wrong, do we then participate in such sins? For example, if I am with someone who does not genuflect before a tabernacle containing the Holy Eucharist and fail to tell them that what they are doing is wrong then does that constitute sin on my part? Or if I am with someone who is watching something objectionable on TV, am I commiting sin for not saying anything?
Also, is it a sin if we purchase products from companies or groups that may give money to organizations that perform some deeds contrary to Church teaching? For example, if I buy a CD from a band that donates money to World Vision charities, which utilizes contraception as a means to provide family planning in Third World countries, is it a sin on my part for supporting that band?
I am a bit scrupulous and would be pleased to see how others view just how direct one’s involvement has to be to constitute sin. I know that the Catechism states that failing to hinder sins constitutes participation but am a bit perplexed as to whether it is grave sin on our part to fail to hinder certain sins.
Also, is it a sin if we purchase products from companies or groups that may give money to organizations that perform some deeds contrary to Church teaching? For example, if I buy a CD from a band that donates money to World Vision charities, which utilizes contraception as a means to provide family planning in Third World countries, is it a sin on my part for supporting that band?
I am a bit scrupulous and would be pleased to see how others view just how direct one’s involvement has to be to constitute sin. I know that the Catechism states that failing to hinder sins constitutes participation but am a bit perplexed as to whether it is grave sin on our part to fail to hinder certain sins.