H
Harpazo
Guest
Can someone properly explain this to me. I’m going through RCIA, and it wasn’t really covered yet. When I was a Protestant, in school I was taught that all the priests made money of Indulgences and gave it to Rome to build St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Library.
Now, two years later, in my IB History class, we are starting on the Reformation and I want to know the “real deal” about Indulgences and how to explain them better. It’s obvious they were abused, but to what ends? Where does the truth start and lies stop?
I’ll appreciate any answers. My teacher seems to be anti-catholic, so I would like to prove him wrong. So any information from pre-medieval times about Induglences would be much appreciated.
In Pax Christi
Andrew
Now, two years later, in my IB History class, we are starting on the Reformation and I want to know the “real deal” about Indulgences and how to explain them better. It’s obvious they were abused, but to what ends? Where does the truth start and lies stop?
I’ll appreciate any answers. My teacher seems to be anti-catholic, so I would like to prove him wrong. So any information from pre-medieval times about Induglences would be much appreciated.
In Pax Christi
Andrew