U
Una_Veritas_1
Guest
Hi everyone!
I have been going back and forth through email with a friend of mine. He said, "The Catholic Church has changed their stance on various issues over time. For instance, the selling of indulgences to raise money for the building of St. Peter’s basilica.”
I know the Church has never taught the selling of indulgences, but I’m not sure how to reply to him. Do I have to first explain what an indulgence is? Do I talk about Martin Luther? How can I give him a response that he will understand? Also, how do i tie in the abuse in the Reformation?
Thank you!
I have been going back and forth through email with a friend of mine. He said, "The Catholic Church has changed their stance on various issues over time. For instance, the selling of indulgences to raise money for the building of St. Peter’s basilica.”
I know the Church has never taught the selling of indulgences, but I’m not sure how to reply to him. Do I have to first explain what an indulgence is? Do I talk about Martin Luther? How can I give him a response that he will understand? Also, how do i tie in the abuse in the Reformation?
Thank you!