S
Shoushan
Guest
Is a child considered to be validly baptized in the Catholic Church if the child was baptized in a schismatic Catholic Church?
I’m not sure of the terminology, valid, licit, etc. I’m just trying to find out if the child is truly considered baptized and is the baptism recognized as Catholic?
I don’t believe that the church is sedevacantist, but they call themselves an “independent Catholic Church” and are not part of the local Diocese.
Actually, are any sacraments offered at this Church considered valid? I believe all the priests were ordained in the usual way, but then left their parishes to serve at this Traditional Church. They wanted to do the Tridentine Mass only.
Thank you for any help.
Susan
I’m not sure of the terminology, valid, licit, etc. I’m just trying to find out if the child is truly considered baptized and is the baptism recognized as Catholic?
I don’t believe that the church is sedevacantist, but they call themselves an “independent Catholic Church” and are not part of the local Diocese.
Actually, are any sacraments offered at this Church considered valid? I believe all the priests were ordained in the usual way, but then left their parishes to serve at this Traditional Church. They wanted to do the Tridentine Mass only.
Thank you for any help.
Susan