infant baptism

  • Thread starter Thread starter ibetrippin07
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading away for a few days of relaxation…!
Will check any posts when I return!

GB
 
Perhaps God had a specific reason for using the Catholic Pope, instead of (say, for instance) Joe Blow the Eskimo. 🤷

I think you might be onto something here…it may have been that his name in itself may have proven to be a deciding factor…Minister Joe Blow the Eskimo…no…at least the Pope had a ‘reasonably’ sensible name. :eek:
 
Actually, it’s what I discovered by doing my own research - I am an adult convert. 🙂

I used to believe in the “invisible church” idea, until I realized that the Bible really does show Jesus giving actual authority to the Apostles, and then re-read the Book of the Acts of the Apostles with the assumption that Jesus had given them earthly authority over the rest of the members of the Church - and all of a sudden, it just made so much more sense. 🙂

Encyclopedia Britannica, the Bible, and my Grade 8 Social Studies teacher, who was Hindu. We had a unit on Comparative Religion (this was secular public school - keep in mind I wasn’t Catholic, yet) and in the section on Christianity, she just assumed that Jesus, a Jewish leader living in Israel, had founded Christianity, and that its current leader is the Pope who lives in Rome, going back in an unbroken succession to St. Peter, who had been appointed by Jesus as the first leader.

and sooo…??

I didn’t get it from Catholic sources, if that’s what you’re trying to imply. Secular historians and historians from other religions who have no bias either way take all of this stuff as fact.
And there are secular historians and historians from other religions who have no bias either way and don’t take all of this stuff as fact.
 
okay…okay…okay…okay…

…just so I’m not accused of “running away” for not replying to any more posts for a few days…the reason is…as posted earlier - I’m going to be away!

Will check this thread on return.
Hopefully you can get back to your main topic…and I’m going to be spending more time in the other MORE APPROPRIATE threads with regards to my question of the sole authority thing,etc, etc, etc.

Maybe you can spend this time really studying and reading THAT OFFICIAL VATICAN DOCUMENT that I’ve been referring to - over and over and over…and if that gets boring…check out some BBC news reports…or *any other news source *that would be valid in your eyes…oh! that would be a “CATHOLIC” one of course…how silly of me…that way you’ll be sure to get all the “truth” as reported “unbiasedly” of course. :confused:

I truly do love you guys…and really do appreciate all your (name removed by moderator)ut…and the time you’ve taken.

GB - have a great weekend coming up!
 
  • Im sorry that I suggested you were “running to another thread in hopes of someone agreeing with you”. It was wrong of me to do so - forgive me. I do hope you absorb some of what was presented to you here.
  • Just as a “heads up”, you will find the identical format in the “Non-Catholic Religions” Forum with many posters being less tactful.
 
  • Im sorry that I suggested you were “running to another thread in hopes of someone agreeing with you”. It was wrong of me to do so - forgive me. I do hope you absorb some of what was presented to you here.
  • Just as a “heads up”, you will find the identical format in the “Non-Catholic Religions” Forum with many posters being less tactful.
Hi Philthy!

Yes…same kind of format…and I’m still not good at doing the “yellow quote” boxes yet…but get it right every now and then…will keep practicing!

And…Yes…many posters…but I haven’t run into any posters that were more different in their way of posting here…very ardent and defending their faith admirably…although one or two - by the content of their posts, would no doubt tend to lean towards being more “strident” in their attempts if this were a “vocal” forum. :rolleyes:

Okay…well…back to the other threads…has this one kind of stopped?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top