W
Whitacre_Girl
Guest
So, I swore to myself I wouldn’t come on here and ask for help with this problem, becuase it hurts me so bad and to post here is to open myself up to get blasted…but, well I’m out of options. So I ask nicely that anyone who feels the need to blast me for this, please find somewhere else to make a stand. 
To omit enough details so that I find myself comfortable, I’ll sum up.
I am on a medication that makes me sterile. I can go off this medication and regain my fertility, but I am at least 3 or 4 years out from doing so. To go off this medication requires many health things to be in order, as well as financial and career things to be in place so we don’t end up on the streets.
The issue of our childlessness stems from many things because finances and health are playing major roles in that. The only thing I can control is finances. But with this economy and my area the best I can do is a lame retail job that pays minimum wage and is giving just enough to keep us afloat. I have had the opportunity to go back to school to teach, but I got rejected and am in a waiting period now until next quarter. It seems like God keeps closing any door that I manage to scratch open so I can TRY to have a family.
What’s worse is that friends of mine, including younger and SINGLE women are having children, then coming at me saying that I obviously have a weak marriage because we don’t love each other enough to have a child. Including a woman who got pregnant again JUST to try to fix her marriage! It’s exceedingly painful. Even the single ones (dating) are saying that their love is stronger than that of a marriage because they can have kids and not be married.
I have been praying and praying for God to start opening some doors and fixing problems so I can ditch my medication, stay home, and have kids. Seeing different doctors who have other solutions that this medication. But god just keeps closing these doors as soon as I try to pry one open. It’s SO incredibly painful to me that I can’t use NFP, and even more painful that barring a miracle, I won’t be blessed with a child any time soon. Although given the nature of my medication, that would probably be for the best.
Now here is the real kicker. I have lost ALL Interest in sex. Nadda. Zero. ZILCH. And it’s totally unrelated to my medication. The combination of the pain I am facing from this, as well as the stress of working a crazed unstabe schedule at work (they schedule week-to-week, and I NEVER know when I am working) plus all my church commitments (I am in SEVERAL ministries at my parish…) I see sex as just some pointless ruse since it can never be fruitful. I don’t know when the last time we did was. I love my husband so much, but whenever he tries to get frisky I just get immensely irritated with the notion, or just start crying because I know what sex can never result in. Because of the long period of time, I can tell my poor husband is getting frustrated. He is not worried about our circumstance at all because he feels that while it may be a few years yet, we WILL Come out. I don’t share that optimism as much as we have talked about it and as much as I have tried. He is getting short with me, and the amount of time we spend apart because of my job, coupled with the lack of coupling (sorry, lame pun…) is starting to cause a rift between us. I’ve tried to just be a good wife and “buck up” and just do it. But I just end up crying, which isn’t helping his ego any.
What the heck can I do???
To omit enough details so that I find myself comfortable, I’ll sum up.
I am on a medication that makes me sterile. I can go off this medication and regain my fertility, but I am at least 3 or 4 years out from doing so. To go off this medication requires many health things to be in order, as well as financial and career things to be in place so we don’t end up on the streets.
The issue of our childlessness stems from many things because finances and health are playing major roles in that. The only thing I can control is finances. But with this economy and my area the best I can do is a lame retail job that pays minimum wage and is giving just enough to keep us afloat. I have had the opportunity to go back to school to teach, but I got rejected and am in a waiting period now until next quarter. It seems like God keeps closing any door that I manage to scratch open so I can TRY to have a family.
What’s worse is that friends of mine, including younger and SINGLE women are having children, then coming at me saying that I obviously have a weak marriage because we don’t love each other enough to have a child. Including a woman who got pregnant again JUST to try to fix her marriage! It’s exceedingly painful. Even the single ones (dating) are saying that their love is stronger than that of a marriage because they can have kids and not be married.
I have been praying and praying for God to start opening some doors and fixing problems so I can ditch my medication, stay home, and have kids. Seeing different doctors who have other solutions that this medication. But god just keeps closing these doors as soon as I try to pry one open. It’s SO incredibly painful to me that I can’t use NFP, and even more painful that barring a miracle, I won’t be blessed with a child any time soon. Although given the nature of my medication, that would probably be for the best.
Now here is the real kicker. I have lost ALL Interest in sex. Nadda. Zero. ZILCH. And it’s totally unrelated to my medication. The combination of the pain I am facing from this, as well as the stress of working a crazed unstabe schedule at work (they schedule week-to-week, and I NEVER know when I am working) plus all my church commitments (I am in SEVERAL ministries at my parish…) I see sex as just some pointless ruse since it can never be fruitful. I don’t know when the last time we did was. I love my husband so much, but whenever he tries to get frisky I just get immensely irritated with the notion, or just start crying because I know what sex can never result in. Because of the long period of time, I can tell my poor husband is getting frustrated. He is not worried about our circumstance at all because he feels that while it may be a few years yet, we WILL Come out. I don’t share that optimism as much as we have talked about it and as much as I have tried. He is getting short with me, and the amount of time we spend apart because of my job, coupled with the lack of coupling (sorry, lame pun…) is starting to cause a rift between us. I’ve tried to just be a good wife and “buck up” and just do it. But I just end up crying, which isn’t helping his ego any.
What the heck can I do???