P
prolifewife
Guest
As our anniversary is hastily approaching, I’ve been rather down lately about our four year battle with infertility and adoption failure. It’s really putting a damper in the joy I used to receive in just being married. I still love my husband very much and I want to be with him and I really want to be happy just being a married couple again, but it’s just so difficult because as the anniversaries tick away it reminds me more and more of this lack of the central part of marriage (children) that will seemingly never be a realization for us. I feel incomplete and lost as a wife, a woman, and even as a child of God and don’t know what God’s plan could possibly be in all of this. My joy in living out my vocation is almost completely gone. (I sometimes wonder if I chose the wrong vocation, I mean, what is the purpose of being married if you are physically sterile?) I just go through the motions. I used to be so happy, now I feel so empty, incomplete, unfulfilled. It’s even getting more and more difficult to engage in marital relations as I fear they are somehow sinful, as they are unfruitful and sterile. I find myself pushing my husband away physically and emotionally. Afraid to experience the joy and happiness that once was, because I fear that God is upset that we don’t give Him children, and therefore is displeased with us and our marriage. If only we tried harder, if only my health were better, then maybe we’d conceive and then God would be happy with us. I mean, why would God allow us to get married in the Church, but not allow us to be able to fulfill the Church’s primary purpose for married couples…having children? It’s just all so confusing to me. I’m trying to make sense of things right now and find some peace with this, it’s just isn’t happening no matter how hard I try.
Oh and I am seeing a counselor, a priest and am on medication for this and nothing seems to be working. 