Influence of Tolkien in conversions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter romanus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to apologize to Della for saying that replies to my question have run out. When I posted that, the last post I had seen was the one which said “Frodo” should have been “Freda.” I responded before realizing that there were more posts after that one.

Thanks, Della, for your contribution,
 
The Council of Elrond, being untouched by political correctness (which fortunately did not exist in that age of the world) would never have let a lady go on such a dangerous journey.
Well, that seems like a thin excuse given that they allowed four hobbits to go, especially since none of the hobbits had combat training. But yes, I understand your point.
But it seems that answers to my original question are now exhausted. Or does anyone else have an anecdote to contribute?
Sorry. I did actually read the books for the first time during my last year as a Lutheran, and shortly thereafter decided against being confirmed. I don’t remember them having any huge degree of influence on me, but I did like to remind myself that Tolkien was a Catholic when I first started learning about Catholic theology. In my case, the books were probably one experience that contributed to my favorable view of Catholicism, but not the thing that finally prompted me to convert.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top