B
BrooklynBoy200
Guest
How does intercession after death work exactly? I mean, does God actually send someone who would have gone to hell to heaven if enough saints are praying for that person?
Hey BrooklynBoy. Anyone in Hell will never get out. If your talking about intersession after death to mean those who are in Purgatory awaiting Heaven, then you and I can pray for them as well.How does intercession after death work exactly? I mean, does God actually send someone who would have gone to hell to heaven if enough saints are praying for that person?
You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.How does intercession after death work exactly? I mean, does God actually send someone who would have gone to hell to heaven if enough saints are praying for that person?
this is the way I heard it explained at a parish mission by a very good priest, Fr. Hunt, who used the terminology and thought of Thomas Aquinas in his talk. Once we die we are no longer in time, we are in eternity. At the moment of death, when we come face to face with God for the particular judgement, we are given the grace and knowledge to see God’s goodness and love completely, not dimly as we did on earth, and to see with clarity the evil and comprehisity of our sins for what they are. In that moment we are given the choice, eternity with God, or eternity separate from God, clinging to the evil. At that moment we are beyond temptation from the Evil One, with full knowledge to make our choice.How does intercession after death work exactly? I mean, does God actually send someone who would have gone to hell to heaven if enough saints are praying for that person?
I don’t get how this would work though. God gives you a chance to repent and be saved after death? I thought if you die in mortal sin, you go to hell no matter what, 100%.this is the way I heard it explained at a parish mission by a very good priest, Fr. Hunt, who used the terminology and thought of Thomas Aquinas in his talk. Once we die we are no longer in time, we are in eternity. At the moment of death, when we come face to face with God for the particular judgement, we are given the grace and knowledge to see God’s goodness and love completely, not dimly as we did on earth, and to see with clarity the evil and comprehisity of our sins for what they are. In that moment we are given the choice, eternity with God, or eternity separate from God, clinging to the evil. At that moment we are beyond temptation from the Evil One, with full knowledge to make our choice.
puzzleannie probably said that it was at the moment of dying - not after death.I don’t get how this would work though. God gives you a chance to repent and be saved after death? I thought if you die in mortal sin, you go to hell no matter what, 100%.
I’m sorry, but i still don’t understand.puzzleannie probably said that it was at the moment of dying - not after death.