Interior Spirituality

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kateri92
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kateri92

Guest
How does one know when a “movement of the soul” (I’m not sure how else to reference it) is from God?

I had an experience last year where it was as if I knew what was going to happen between an acquaintance and I. Half of it did happen but I’m waiting to see if the other half of what I “knew” is going to happen. I feel superstitious holding on to things that just come to me.

How can I discern if it is from God or my own subconscious?
 
Does the result of the experience bring you closer to God? You have to elaborate. Does the experience involve the practice of virtue, does it involve the practice of christian love?Does it glorify Christ? Does it involve superstition, bad news? Can any good come from it? These are some of the questions you have to ask yourself. Discernment is the ability to distinguish between a good spirit, or a bad spirit, their influence upon your experience.
 
Does the result of the experience bring you closer to God? You have to elaborate. Does the experience involve the practice of virtue, does it involve the practice of christian love?Does it glorify Christ? Does it involve superstition, bad news? Can any good come from it? These are some of the questions you have to ask yourself. Discernment is the ability to distinguish between a good spirit, or a bad spirit, their influence upon your experience.
Okay, basically I felt interiorly after meeting this person that we would loose contact with each other and then around 2 year later be reunited.
 
God’s providence is always operating, and nothing happens without His willing it, even in tragedies. It could have been an inspiration from God. The devil can not foretell the future, because that depends strictly on God. But the devil knows human nature, knows anxiety, knows our weaknesses, and he can make shrewd judgement about what we are likely to do. He also can work with our beliefs, and take advantage of them, like our superstitions. Can you see this relationship leading to something good without compromising your Faith, but actually making it stronger? Is the second half of your unfulfilled expectation have anything to do with marriage? Have you been praying for this? You may have to test the waters to find out.
 
God’s providence is always operating, and nothing happens without His willing it, even in tragedies. It could have been an inspiration from God. The devil can not foretell the future, because that depends strictly on God. But the devil knows human nature, knows anxiety, knows our weaknesses, and he can make shrewd judgement about what we are likely to do. He also can work with our beliefs, and take advantage of them, like our superstitions. Can you see this relationship leading to something good without compromising your Faith, but actually making it stronger? Is the second half of your unfulfilled expectation have anything to do with marriage? Have you been praying for this? You may have to test the waters to find out.
It does have to do with marriage. I have been praying about it and no matter how hard I try to get rid of the idea (because by realistic standards it would seem highly unlikely), it keeps coming back to me. I’m not putting too much of my heart into hoping for it, but I can’t seem to kick the idea. It may just be emotions but, at the time, the notion seemed to transcend emotions. It was almost like God was providing a comfort to see me through. I am a bit skeptical though… do these things actually happen?
 
It could be an obsession, especially if you have a strong desire to marry. But you also seem to take it in stride (take it or leave it ) which is good, because your mind at this time is free of feelings which makes for a sharper mind, and correct judgements. We have to keep in mind that emotions are part of our nature. They start in our mind first, we comprehend a situation, in this case the affairs of the heart, and if we see a possible hope for our desire, then we feel excited, and hopeful, which produce a certain pleasure or joy. But if the feeling part of our emotions take over, then this can cloud our judgement. As the old saying goes “We can have our head in the clouds but make sure our feet are on the ground” If you can honestly approach this situation with a discriminating mind, and remain true to your faith, I see no harm in the meeting. Always ask the Holy Spirit to protect you and guide you. As I see it, this perfectly normal, there is also a saying " In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of Holy Coincidence!"
 
I agree with this ,but what about the soul?
If The Holy Spirit is inspiring you with your thoughts there are some observations to be made. Let me explain the best I can. When the devil influences the mind (the faculty of the soul) his inspiration is like water falling on a rock, it splatters, you are like an observer watching a scene taking place but you are not really involved in the scene. On the other hand when the Holy Spirit is the cause of the inspiration, it is like water being dropped on a sponge, it is absorbed, and you are not just an observer, you are a participant, it penetrates with grateful acceptance. As I said before weigh the situation using your faith as a template If you have to think about it a lot, it doesn’t seem like it penetrated very much if at all Keep praying, God will guide you.
 
If The Holy Spirit is inspiring you with your thoughts there are some observations to be made. Let me explain the best I can. When the devil influences the mind (the faculty of the soul) his inspiration is like water falling on a rock, it splatters, you are like an observer watching a scene taking place but you are not really involved in the scene. On the other hand when the Holy Spirit is the cause of the inspiration, it is like water being dropped on a sponge, it is absorbed, and you are not just an observer, you are a participant, it penetrates with grateful acceptance. As I said before weigh the situation using your faith as a template If you have to think about it a lot, it doesn’t seem like it penetrated very much if at all Keep praying, God will guide you.
Okay, I think I’m understanding it better now. The example is helpful. I would have to say that if it was one of those it would definitely be like the sponge, though I can’t say I would have explained it that way on my own. Right now its weird because I feel like the “premonition” was he Holy Spirit but at the same time, I cant see how everything else could line up. I guess I’ll just have to see.
 
If things aren’t lining up, place it on the “back burner.” Move on and take care of the ordinary affairs of your life. From time to time, you may be called to pray for this person and nothing more. If there is to be a reunion, God will make those arrangements.
 
Okay, I think I’m understanding it better now. The example is helpful. I would have to say that if it was one of those it would definitely be like the sponge, though I can’t say I would have explained it that way on my own. Right now its weird because I feel like the “premonition” was he Holy Spirit but at the same time, I cant see how everything else could line up. I guess I’ll just have to see.
We always desire to know which direction to take in making an important decision, it is human and natural to think this way. We are led eventually to a trial of trust in God. If we do trust in God, no matter what decision you make in good will, it will always work to your advantage, then your actions are no longer just natural, but super-natural, and that is what God intends for us, to advance in the virtues of Faith, Hope (trust), and Love.
 
Hi,
May you will like to read spiritual stories about God and spiritual things from the most awesome stories website having SPIRITUAL Section: eShortStories.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top