L
LotusCarsLtd
Guest
Someone I know suffers from bipolar disorder but is receiving treatment and has their condition under control.
I was looking at another post on this forum about the conditions necessary for a marriage to be valid or not and I was wondering: if someone had a mental illness but was receiving treatment for it, could they still validly enter into marriage? What about depression? Keep in mind that I am focusing here on those mental illnesses that, unlike something like schizophrenia, do not diminish one’s ability to make sound judgments…I would think a person with bipolar disorder receiving treatment could easily make clear consent to some act like entering into marriage.
Oh and please keep on topic! Don’t start deviating!
I was looking at another post on this forum about the conditions necessary for a marriage to be valid or not and I was wondering: if someone had a mental illness but was receiving treatment for it, could they still validly enter into marriage? What about depression? Keep in mind that I am focusing here on those mental illnesses that, unlike something like schizophrenia, do not diminish one’s ability to make sound judgments…I would think a person with bipolar disorder receiving treatment could easily make clear consent to some act like entering into marriage.
Oh and please keep on topic! Don’t start deviating!