T
TheLittleLady
Guest
Civil validity and Ecclesiastical validity are separate things.So my understanding is that the marriage is valid but not licit due to the lack of canonical form, based on what I was told.
Civil validity and Ecclesiastical validity are separate things.So my understanding is that the marriage is valid but not licit due to the lack of canonical form, based on what I was told.
The OP has passed judgment on his brother. It wasn’t the right thing to do to refuse to attend his brother’s wedding without even saying why. The least he could have done was explain his views and tell his brother why he wouldn’t attend, but he didn’t. He just didn’t show up and that was hurtful to his brother and the rest of his family.They have acted as they see fit and we shouldn’t be passing judgement just giving advice xxx
The Church says that one of the Spiritual Works of Mercy is to “Admonish the Sinner.”I think it’s a little wrong to say to someone they have sinned
I’m sorry, I’m really not sure who your “overreaction” comment is directed to — me, the OP, or twf. I’m just going to say one more thing: there was no tone of condemnation or judgement in twf’s post. He used words such as “I think” and “it seems” in reference to the OP’s actions being a sin, leaving room for a priest or anyone else to say otherwise. I personally didn’t get the slightest vibe of a holier-than-thou attitude or any impression that twf didn’t “notice the log in his own eye.” He responded to the OP’s request for advice, gave him good food for thought, and I really don’t think he could have been any gentler or worded it any better than he did. Take care and God bless.Don’t look for the speck in your brother’s eye take out the log. We could agree that this is a major over reaction I would say