The fetus has attached itself to the fallopian tube instead of the uterine wall. It is entirely possible to slice the tube open, remove the fetus, and suture the tube back up.
Perhaps “fetus” isn’t the best word, as the unborn child only becomes a “fetus” in the 10th week of pregnancy. “Embryo” might be better. Whatever you call it, the conceived entity — I’ll use that term instead — is a human person from the moment of conception. I am not going to get into when the soul is infused, because nobody knows that.
I understand that at the time of implantation (whether in the uterus or the fallopian tube), the conceived entity is a blastocyst. I had in mind more the point at which the mother knows she is pregnant, and the point at which she is diagnosed as having an ectopic pregnancy, and the question of surgery arises. At that point, the conceived entity is going to be something more than just a blastocyst. If I am not mistaken, this famous picture is of a removed ectopic pregnancy:
(
Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)