V
Viki63
Guest
It doesnt make much sense to argue about who’s smarter or who thinks they are, since God seems to want us all to be saved. We only use a small percent of our brains anyway.
I think Catholics have much more history and theology to draw on, a richer heritage, partly because the church has been around hundreds of years longer. That doesn’t make Catholics any smarter, only more fortunate.
When I was a Protestant, some of the teachings bothered me, so I stuck closely to Jesus and tried to ignore the more moronic things going on – blessing your wallets, for example. But Catholics have their own unusual tradiitions, like kissing the statue of the infant Christ, that I find hard to relate to. (I mean the whole church lining up to kiss the image, one after another).
I didnt come into the church through my massive brilliance, but by the mercy of God.
I suspect that even someone like Scott Hahn was drawn by God, not on his own. Even St Paul had to get knocked off a horse to realize who Christ was. So none of us should boast.
I think Catholics have much more history and theology to draw on, a richer heritage, partly because the church has been around hundreds of years longer. That doesn’t make Catholics any smarter, only more fortunate.
When I was a Protestant, some of the teachings bothered me, so I stuck closely to Jesus and tried to ignore the more moronic things going on – blessing your wallets, for example. But Catholics have their own unusual tradiitions, like kissing the statue of the infant Christ, that I find hard to relate to. (I mean the whole church lining up to kiss the image, one after another).
I didnt come into the church through my massive brilliance, but by the mercy of God.
I suspect that even someone like Scott Hahn was drawn by God, not on his own. Even St Paul had to get knocked off a horse to realize who Christ was. So none of us should boast.