Iran bans al-Jazeera after riots

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how does this fit in with your thesis that al-Jazeera always supports the enemies of freedom?

40.png
Matt25:
So how does this fit in with your thesis that al-Jazeera always supports the enemies of freedom?
That is not my theory.

My theory is that al-Jazeera is pro-Arab and pro-Islamofacism (because it is natively Arab) media organ. Some say they tend to be anti-Shiite. Iran is not an Arab but a Persian state and is specifically shutting down al-Jazeera because they are promoting the pan-Arab cause and causing problems in Iran.

i need to know. is islam a legitimate religion. are these terrorists accepted by their leaders???.

i don’t think any religion that is of God can condone such behavior!!!

our own messed up about 1000 years ago. crusades. 1066 was the first schism. then the 16 century ml.

40.png
jjwilkman:
i need to know. is islam a legitimate religion. are these terrorists accepted by their leaders???.

i don’t think any religion that is of God can condone such behavior!!!

our own messed up about 1000 years ago. crusades. 1066 was the first schism. then the 16 century ml.
There is only one true religion and it is Catholicsm. Everything else has major errors.

The Crusades 1,000 years ago was to regain cities and people lost to Islam, I am not sure it was a mistake to do that. Many of the methods were terrible, and for that the Church has apologized.

40.png
jjwilkman:
i need to know. is islam a legitimate religion. .
Pope Benedict said this in 2002
Code:
     ** Ratzinger denies Christianity ´superior´ to Islam **
The Vatican’s Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger has reacted to “conventional wisdom” that “the Christian faith must give up its claim to truth” in the wake of 11 September.
The Prefect of the Vatican Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith made his observations on Friday when addressing a conference in memory of Bishop Eugenio Corecco of Lugano, Switzerland, on the topic Faith, Truth and Tolerance.
Ratzinger praised Islam for upholding the values of monogamous marriage and the dignity of women, which “undoubtedly demonstrate a cultural superiority”.
“It is true that the Muslim world is not totally mistaken when it reproaches the West of Christian tradition of moral decadence and the manipulation of human life,” he said. “This imposes on us a serious examination of conscience.”
“The truth of the Christian faith appears to us in all its depth, but we mustn´t forget that, sadly, it has been darkened many times by the concrete behaviour of those who called themselves Christians,” he said. "Islam has also had moments of great splendor and decadence in the course of its history. "
Cardinal Ratzinger stressed that it is “important is to go to the roots of the values proclaimed by the different religions”. This, he said, is where “a real interreligious dialogue can begin”.

40.png
jjwilkman:
. are these terrorists accepted by their leaders???.
see muhajabah.com/otherscondemn.php

Shaykh Muhammed Sayyid al-Tantawi, imam of al-Azhar mosque in Cairo, Egypt:
“Attacking innocent people is not courageous, it is stupid and will be punished on the day of judgement. … It’s not courageous to attack innocent children, women and civilians. It is courageous to protect freedom, it is courageous to defend oneself and not to attack.”
Agence France Presse, September 14, 2001

Abdel-Mo’tei Bayyoumi, al-Azhar Islamic Research Academy, Cairo, Egypt:
“There is no terrorism or a threat to civilians in jihad [religious struggle].”
Al-Ahram Weekly Online, 20 - 26 September 2001, ahram.org.eg/weekly/2001/552/p4fall3.htm

Muslim Brotherhood, an opposition Islamist group in Egypt, said it was “horrified” by the attack and expressed “condolences and sadness”:
“[We] strongly condemn such activities that are against all humanist and Islamic morals. … [We] condemn and oppose all aggression on human life, freedom and dignity anywhere in the world.”
Al-Ahram Weekly Online, 13 - 19 September 2001, ahram.org.eg/weekly/2001/551/fo2.htm

Shaykh Muhammad Hussein Fadlallah, spiritual guide of Shi‘i Muslim radicals in Lebanon, said he was “horrified” by these “barbaric … crimes”:
“Beside the fact that they are forbidden by Islam, these acts do not serve those who carried them out but their victims, who will reap the sympathy of the whole world. … Islamists who live according to the human values of Islam could not commit such crimes.”
Agence France Presse, September 14, 2001

‘Abdulaziz bin ‘Abdallah Al-Ashaykh, chief mufti of Saudi Arabia:
“Firstly: the recent developments in the United States including hijacking planes, terrorizing innocent people and shedding blood, constitute a form of injustice that cannot be tolerated by Islam, which views them as gross crimes and sinful acts. Secondly: any Muslim who is aware of the teachings of his religion and who adheres to the directives of the Holy Qur’an and the sunnah (the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad) will never involve himself in such acts, because they will invoke the anger of God Almighty and lead to harm and corruption on earth.”
Statement of September 15, 2001, saudiembassy.net/press_release/01-spa/09-15-Islam.htm

Ayatollah Ali Khamene’i, supreme jurist-ruler of Iran:
“Killing of people, in any place and with any kind of weapons, including atomic bombs, long-range missiles, biological or chemical weopons, passenger or war planes, carried out by any organization, country or individuals is condemned. … It makes no difference whether such massacres happen in Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Qana, Sabra, Shatila, Deir Yassin, Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq or in New York and Washington.”
Islamic Republic News Agency, September 16, 2001, irna.com/en/hphoto/010916000000.ehp.shtml

President Muhammad Khatami of Iran:
“[T]he September 11 terrorist blasts in America can only be the job of a group that have voluntarily severed their own ears and tongues, so that the only language with which they could communicate would be destroying and spreading death.”
Address to the United Nations General Assembly, November 9, 2001, president.ir/cronicnews/1380/8008/800818/800818.htm#b3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back