Iran Takes Public Posture

• Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

Iran has acquired a strong military capability and will deter any attacks against it, Defense Minister Ali Shamkhani said.
Shamkhani, speaking Monday at a technology conference, said Iran did not fear the United States, which has already toppled the fundamentalist Taliban in Afghanistan and dictator Saddam Hussein in Iraq.
Official: Iran Isn’t Afraid of U.S.

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran has acquired a strong military capability and will deter any attacks against it, Defense Minister Ali Shamkhani said.

Shamkhani, speaking Monday at a technology conference, said Iran did not fear the United States, which has already toppled the fundamentalist Taliban in Afghanistan and dictator Saddam Hussein in Iraq.

“We can say we have developed a might that no country can attack us because they do not have accurate information about our military capabilities,” said Shamkhani, whose comments were released Tuesday.

“We have produced equipment at a rapid pace with the minimum investment that has resulted in the greatest deterrent force,” the ministry quoted Shamkhani as saying.

Shamkhani’s defiant stance came the same day President Bush said on NBC’s “Today” show that he wants to resolve a potential nuclear threat from Iran through diplomacy.

newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/1/18/205330.shtml

I wouldn’t feel surprised at all if Iran fell from within. I hear the young people over there are little fed up with the nonsense.

-D

40.png
Darrel:
I wouldn’t feel surprised at all if Iran fell from within. I hear the young people over there are little fed up with the nonsense.

-D
I think Cheney is right - the recent elections in Afghanistan and now upcoming in Iraq are apt to make these “terror states” all a bit nervous. Nothing is as contagious as freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back