Iranians cheer massively Mr. Bush's Inaugural speech

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

Reports from across Iran are stating about the massive welcoming of President George W. Bush’s inaugural speech and his promise of helping to bring down the last outposts of tyranny.

Millions of Iranians have been reported as having stayed home, on Thursday night which is their usual W.end and outgoing night, in order to see or hear the Presidential speech and the comments made by the Los Angeles based Iranian satellite TV and radio networks, such as, NITV or KRSI.

The speech and its package of hope have been, since late yesterday night and this morning, the main topics of most Iranians’ conversations during their familial and friendly gatherings, in the collective taxis and buses, as well as, among groups of young Iranians who gather outside the cities on the Fridays.

Many were seen showing the " V " sign or their raised fists. Talks were focused on steps that need to be taken in order to use the first time ever favorable International condition.

Many Iranians, who were looking for the World’s super power firm moral support and financial aid to credible secularist opposition groups, are now becoming sure that Mr. Bush’s agenda is indeed to help them to gain Freedom, Secularity and Democracy. They do believe correctly that such way will avoid an unnecessary US invasion or military strike against Iranian facilities which will help the Mullahcracy to consolidate its illegitimate and unpopular power, while causing heavy financial damages and human causalities.

What had always been missing in order to create a wide scale Iranian democratic revolution, such as what happened in Georgia, was till now a firm and noticeable World pressure on the Islamic regime and a trustable Opposition Council with a correct agenda. Various reports from underground groups are stating that Iranians will be increasing the Civil Disobedience Movement by making more strikes and demos in the days ahead.

daneshjoo.org/publishers/currentnews/article_603.shtml

Some conservatives were lukewarm about the president’s speech–Robinson and Noonan were two–because he was too lofty in his rhetoric.

I, for one, knew, even a minute later, as I said to a collegue:

“That speech wasn’t for us.”

“It was for Iran.”

40.png
jlw:
Some conservatives were lukewarm about the president’s speech–Robinson and Noonan were two–because he was too lofty in his rhetoric.

“It was for Iran.”
Yeah - like fourscore and seven years ago… (Lincoln)

We will make the world safe for democracy… (Wilson)
👍

40.png
jlw:

“It was for Iran.”
And for anyone else that is thinking of going after democracy [freedom], now or later. It is to offer hope.

Positive reactions to President Bush’s inauguration also came from Israel, Japan, Poland and Pakistan. 👍

Maybe we freed the wrong country. Iraq support for the United States is tenous at best. Iran’s younger population is increasingly western and tolerant. The old guard is scared they will toppled in a few years. I head reports that the celelbration in the cities of Iran were far larger than the celebration in Iraq when we toppled Sadaam. I really think we freed the wrong country here. Its weird to me.

I know many Iraninans ( I worked for an Iraninan) and they just love the US and want IRan to be a democracy like the US. These people love freedom and democracy and while Muslim are on the moderate side. The crazy Imans that run the country now are getting old and out of touch with the younger and more western younger generation. I do see another revolution in Iran in my lifetime quite possibly in the next 10 years.

40.png
Maccabees:
The crazy Imans that run the country now are getting old and out of touch with the younger and more western younger generation. I do see another revolution in Iran in my lifetime quite possibly in the next 10 years.
While I do see your point here, I am a little more reserved about wanting Iranians to become “western”. I watched a documentary on Irans younger generation and also read about the situation over there.

One of the main reasons the younger generation wants separation from the Imams that run the country, is because they are a lot more immoral than the older generations in Iran. They hold wild parties (i.e. raves) out in the desert in which there is drinking and promisciouity. They love the wild club scene. I use to live in California and many of the ravers out there were of Iranian descent and spoke of practices back home.

Morality is the major division amongst the youth of Iran and the older generation. Thus, they want to fight against the Imams who run their country because they want to practice their decadent lifestyle. I view it sort of a sexual revolution (on a smaller scale) going on in the Muslim world.

So while the system that is running the country right now is corrupt and intolerant… I’m not sure what is in store for Iran is quite good either. I can understand getting rid of all the excesses and intolerance of the current regime, but I do think there is also a hidden agenda here. I don’t think a move away from Islam is good, if it means a move into hedonism or atheism.

Let me add a disclaimer to my previous post before I get pounced on:

I know that there are many legitimate political agendas of the young Iranians… Many of which I agree with. I only said that their gap in morality with those older than them and those ruling the country was ONE of the reasons behind wanting revolution… But I think it is a big one.

James_2:24:
Let me add a disclaimer to my previous post before I get pounced on:

I know that there are many legitimate political agendas of the young Iranians… Many of which I agree with. I only said that their gap in morality with those older than them and those ruling the country was ONE of the reasons behind wanting revolution… But I think it is a big one.
I think the situation is far more complicated than the kids wanting to party. Actually that sounds like the catholic kids I know that like to party. I am not saying it right I am just saying that’s universal experience of rebellion that young people typically go though until they hit a hangover that defeats them. May I remind you Our President was such a party person. The younger Iranians want freedom of expression whether it be in art, music, education, heck some want freedom of religion. This is a good thing. With freedom comes choice and many may choose to waste their choice on a party lifestyle. But that is how it is in the west many Waiste their lives in party. But guess what it is their life and their choice God created us free not to be controlled some Imam who canes a woman for showing her hair in public.
With any choice good and bad will happen. Look living in a theocracy would have everyone behaving a lot better but I wouldn’t want to be a pilgrim being lodged in wooden trap for eating sugar because Puritan Bob interpreted the Bible that we shouldn’t enjoy ourselves. Colonial America was a lot more moral in the Puritan’s America but that’s not how God created us he credited us with choice and freedom to do good or evil. How the Iranians ultimately choose to do with freedom once they get it is not our concern that is God’s. What should be our concern is that all enjoy the opportunity for freedom that God intended. Some will choose to party, some will choose to live a moral life and that is how it should be. If God wanted a theocracy there wouldn’t have been that pesky tree of choice and knowledge in the Garden.

The Iranian’s have been wanting more for so long. About 30 years ago when I was first married I lived in Oklahoma. At that time the Iranian students here were protesting their governement with bags over their head so that they couldn’t be identified by their rulers and have their families be in jeopardy. It has been a long road for them. Now in the theocracy that rules them, the woman have no real choices for their lives. It is a sad situation overall. I agree with a previous poster that the Iranians need their freedom and then they need to choose to be faithful and live a moral life. If it is forced, then does God even recognize it? It has to be a choice to follow God. That is what our confirmation is, what being born again means, and it just makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back