Irreverent speech

  • Thread starter Thread starter Not_Sure_1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Not_Sure_1

Guest
After i mocked the Titanic for the audience knowing the ending before it happened.
My friend said that’s like criticizing the Bible for giving away that Jesus will die in the end.
I said, “but he comes back in the end.”

I think this was irreverant speech of the Lord.
Was this a mortal sin or am I just being scrupulous?
 
After i mocked the Titanic for the audience knowing the ending before it happened.
My friend said that’s like criticizing the Bible for giving away that Jesus will die in the end.
I said, “but he comes back in the end.”

I think this was irreverant speech of the Lord.
Was this a mortal sin or am I just being scrupulous?
It doesn’t sound irreverent to me so long as it wasn’t said in a derisive tone. You’re just stating what Christians, including Catholics, believe to be the truth. Maybe others who are Christian can provide a better response.
 
Not a mortal sin. However, things like “mocking” are venal sins that need to be corrected.
 
After i mocked the Titanic for the audience knowing the ending before it happened.
My friend said that’s like criticizing the Bible for giving away that Jesus will die in the end.
I said, “but he comes back in the end.”

I think this was irreverant speech of the Lord.
Was this a mortal sin or am I just being scrupulous?
Your story contains an important point which I think can be a valuable lesson. For many people their obsession on the sufferings of Christ CAN eclipse their appreciation of the Resurrection. We" celebrate" Good Friday because we know the end of the story!
 
I’m I the only one that thinks, the irreverent part was comparing the Bible to the Titanic?
 
Major scrupulosity.

I hope you are under the care of a priest for this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top