Is abortion an unpardonable sin?

• Thread starter Thread starter slighty
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
a few things real quick -

one, no, it isn’t unpardonable. it’s a grave sin, which means it’s very serious. but any sin will be forgiven when we confess it and repent of it. some have said ‘sincerely’ or ‘genuinely’ repent of it. it’s important that we don’t do this lightly, but don’t try to ‘make sure you really mean it’, as this can cause you to doubt your forgiveness. if you confess it, and repent of it (turn away and resolve not to do it again), you WILL BE FORGIVEN.

two, as a convert from SBC, i’m very excited to hear that you’re moving in a romeward direction. i personally find SO MUCH truth, love, richness, and beauty in the catholic church. may God bless you richly as you seek to follow Him.

three - i, too, was kept from making a general confession when i converted to the RCC. however, i simply told a priest one day that i’d like to make a general confession, and we set aside a time (the whole thing took me about 45 minutes) and i ‘spilled my guts’, so to speak.

as i left that confession, i thought to myself ‘i don’t feel any different.’ then i looked around. the grass seemed greener, the sky bluer, the sun more beautiful than ever before. i said ‘i feel completely different!!!’ it was a great experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back