Is anger itself a sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dourbest
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dourbest

Guest
Ex: If I play a video game where I may be slightly angry because I die, or a teamate messes up, but it’s more just momentary annoyance mostly, is that good?
 
Maybe you’re making a big deal out this. I’d say just play the game and enjoy the fun.
 
Perhaps if you have a conscience you are struggling to form or suffer from scrupulocity you should talk to your priest and refrain from posting these things.
 
Last edited:
If you get overly angry and filled with hate, that is a problem. Righteous anger is not that much of problem unless you let it get to you too much and bad things happen because of it.
 
Anger is one of the many human emotions. I don’t believe any of our emotions is sinful UNLESS they become excessive and you become consumed by them, or you express them repeatedly at inappropriate times and you do not show appropriate respect toward others. Even in these instances, the sin may be mitigated if you happen to have an emotional problem which you find it difficult to control.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top