Is anyone here BEING LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT?

• Thread starter Thread starter gusano
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Mijoy2:
I hesitate to derail the positive feel of this thread. However I have posed this question before and it has been ignored. I don’t take offense at this fact, it is probably simply a topic people would rather not contimplate.

The basic question is:
** How do we discern between being led by the Holy Spirit and chance?**
Do you pray for discernment, revelation…and wait for it ?
“chance”… is only for people who have little faith.
James 1:5-7,8…helps.
For example,… If the day turns out to be wonderful, and I happen to chose good fishing spots I would not say I was led by the Holy Spirit. I would simply say it was** good luck. **
If you can remembet that “God makes ALL THINGS happen for the good of those who LOVE Him…”…and pray to understand the Catechism on “ACTUAL GRACE”. 🙂
40.png
mijoy2:
Are there any instances anyone here can site where they feel there is little to no chance thier circumstance was chance?** How do we discern?** Are people of Faith to quick to site the Holy Spirit for the positive outcomes of happenings with respect to thier faith?
I discern that THE HOLY SPIRIT wants to GIFT you with the Gift of Discernment…ALLELUIA !

Go to the next Mass and there …when the Priest says
“LIFT UP YOUR HEARTS”…Prepare in advance and DO WHAT ST PAUL begs us to do …in Romans 12:1
Rest in your Catholic Baptism and watch what God begins to UNFOLD in your life ! 😃
I really don’t want to be a downer, but** this lays heavy on my mind.**
When the Holy Spirit came at the first Pentecost, it appears the event was unmistakable. Why has the fire gone out? Where is the dove?
I “think” (or discern)…That your soul reflects what Jesus longs for from the Throne of Grace…and from with in you…as he expressed in Luke 12:49
"I have come to light a fire on the earth…how I wish the blaze were IGNITED !

He is no farther than THE ALTAR.
Allow the Spirit that is within you… to DRAW YOU to the Altar.
1Cor 2:6-16 will help a lot.

I am praying for you, Brother

gusano

The Holy Spirit is with us from the time we are baptised.
I know he was instramental in getting me to come back to the Church…for this I’m so grateful!
I pray to him daily and ask for his guidedance and gifts.
I feel blessed to have the Holy Spirit come down upon me and keep me faithfull to the Lord.:bowdown2:

40.png
mommy:
I truly believe the Holy Spirit lead me to join my RCIA class, and since then I have felt a peace and joy I’ve never had in my life.
I don’t think there is a more enjoyable work on earth than to work in RCIA / CATECHUMENATE…
while at the same time enjoying The INFILLING of The Holy Spirit. 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back