Is arguing and being angry at siblings a mortal sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter veryworried6277
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

veryworried6277

Guest
So I told my younger siblings not to download anything on the computer and when I check it they had downloaded something. I got pretty angry about this and started yelling at them. We argued a bit and now I feel bad. I thought in my head ‘if it’s a sin it would only be venial’ as we were arguing.

It was only over something very minor, but could this possibly be a mortal sin or am I being way too scrupulous?

Thanks.
 
So I told my younger siblings not to download anything on the computer and when I check it they had downloaded something. I got pretty angry about this and started yelling at them. We argued a bit and now I feel bad. I thought in my head ‘if it’s a sin it would only be venial’ as we were arguing.

It was only over something very minor, but could this possibly be a mortal sin or am I being way too scrupulous?

Thanks.
I think you are being scrupulous. Siblings and arguing go hand and hand.

But I would check with your parents though to make sure they are aware of what they are downloading for anything that maybe copyrighted. If they are downloading music that they aren’t paying for, download too much of it and your parents, not your siblings, will get into trouble.
 
Yeah I was worried about getting viruses etc. as I just installed a new hard drive. I’m very overprotective of my computer 😃

I’ve been letting little things get me worried lately in regards to whether it’s a sin or not. I’m always so stressed out about it.

Is there something I can do so that I can relax a little when it comes to these things?
 
Yeah I was worried about getting viruses etc. as I just installed a new hard drive. I’m very overprotective of **my computer **😃

I’ve been letting little things get me worried lately in regards to whether it’s a sin or not. I’m always so stressed out about it.

Is there something I can do so that I can relax a little when it comes to these things?
So it’s your computer and not the family computer? You didn’t specify that in your OP. If it is your personal computer, lock it down and make it password protected, problem solved 😃
 
no, it’s not my computer… It’s the family’s but I’m on it the most and do all the maintainance on it so it feels like mine haha.
 
Chimpanzee’s are good at fighting, but better at reconciliation. They love to make up. When two chimps are having trouble making up after a fight, one of them will pretend to find something interesting in the grass. He’ll hoot and holler and all the other chimps will come to see what he’s hooting about. Since there is nothing really there the chimps will leave one by one except for the one he was in a fight with. The two ex-rivals will jump up and down in excitement over the imaginary thing in the grass. Finally, they settle down and start grooming each other, the sign that chimpanzees friendship is restored.

My point is that we are created in the image of God, and we can learn to reconcilliate better than chimpanzees because of Divine Grace. Where do we get Divne Grace??? The sacrament of Reconcilliation does two things: forgiveness of sins and gives divine grace. :extrahappy::extrahappy:
 
I’ve already been to confession twice this week, once being today. I don’t want to feel as if i’m taking away from the sacrament by going needlessly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top