Is divine revelation always given in ecstatic vision or accompanied by a miracle?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JacobHarrison
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JacobHarrison

Guest
On another site I was debating someone on divine revelation. I said that I believed that I was given a message from God or my guardian angel by having thoughts about a divine mission put in my head and he said that divine revelation is always given in ecstatic vision such as a visitation by an angel or saint or accompanied by a miracle. So which is the case?
 
Is this person you’re talking to a Catholic?

If by “divine revelation” you mean a message or answer from God, usually such messages don’t involve miracles or visions. More like the “still small voice” from Scripture.
 
So which is the case?
I agree with Tis_Bearself. The Quakers also speak of God as “the still small voice”. Revelation can come in dreams, during waking moments, while doing dishes, anytime at all. God is not confined to the overtly dramatic.
 
Last edited:
I would have to agree that divine revelation can come in any form that God sees suitable for the works He intends to accomplish. It can be a quiet moment, such as a moment in Mass or adoration, or it can be a dream, or God can perform a huge miracle that defies physical laws. He is not bound to any one form to give revelation. His divine will be done.
 
I would say yes, but then I might have to do something miraculous. So I have to say no.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top