E
edward_george1
Guest
I’m sorry, a legal reference is necessary, since you used a legal term. We shouldn’t burden people with laws that don’t exist. The Summa is not Canon Law.
I am a parish priest, and when I look to the faculties afforded me by the law, I can dispense from the Sunday obligation, the communion fast, and I can commute penances given in confession. I see no ability to dispense from the obligation to refrain from servile labor in the way you have framed it, because the law and the supposed dispensation simply don’t exist in the way you’ve spelled them out.
I am a parish priest, and when I look to the faculties afforded me by the law, I can dispense from the Sunday obligation, the communion fast, and I can commute penances given in confession. I see no ability to dispense from the obligation to refrain from servile labor in the way you have framed it, because the law and the supposed dispensation simply don’t exist in the way you’ve spelled them out.