Is fantasizing a sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HuyenVu
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HuyenVu

Guest
I’m a little bit confusing about this, can you guys give some opinions ? ^^.
I’m a daydreamer and have never had a boyfriend, never dated or experience first kiss. So sometimes I would fantasize about kissing and being in a relationship with an imagine guy and I would go on yt to search for kissing scene. I know asking this is awkward and immature, but I usually imagine being the actress and in that situation, some kissing scene are passionate, some are cute and awkward. There this one time, I was watching a passionate kissing scene and have a arousal reaction, was tempted to act upon my desire but I refuse to do so and remind my self that it was just a kissing scene, not sexual scene and that I should not be arouse by it. Then the feeling passed away,… Do you think that I have had a lustful thought ? Is fantasizing kissing someone passionately a sin ? :((
 
One of the problems with indulging in romantic fantasy is that real life relationships are nothing like movie scripts. We can build up an ideal that no real human being can match.

Fantasy about the perfect boyfriend is like pure grain alcohol, can get dangerous very quickly before one realizes it.
 
^^ Thank you, i know this it just that I want to make sure that i know where is the boundary about fantasizing. I think that at least everyone experienced this once in their life…
 
Passionate kissing is foreplay. While a thought might be in our minds, we are not to foster them.

You cannot stop the birds from flying overhead. You can stop them from making a nest in your hair.

Don’t dwell in fantasy.
 
Sexual arousal has a purpose. It is good in the context of holy matrimony as the arousal leads to the union of two married people. Not like the young ladies who end up pregnant by their boyfriends; If they don’t want to go to Minneapolis, why are they on the bus to Minneapolis?
 
The “mind of the flesh” (St. Paul coined) visualizes activities that could lead to a satisfaction of an appetite, a desire, a “lust”.
The purpose of “the mind of the flesh” doing this visualizing “forethought” is to suggest that the actions visualized are good, useful, and will be successful in reaching the satisfaction desired.
If the forethought looks increasingly like it will obtain satisfaction, suddenly you may find yourself not just daydreaming, but actually physically doing the actions visualized earlier, to try to reach the satisfaction, the pleasure, that was “promised” by the fantasy.

St. Paul, in the end of Romans 13 gave the answer that solved your issue for St. Augustine (described in his “Confessions”). Paul told the faithful to remove the clothing, the dark deeds, (the habit of darkness) and put on the armor of light, put on the Lord Jesus Christ, rather than doing the flesh’s forethought that is for attaining lustful desires.

Jesus did not visualize changing stones to bread when he was hungry (lust for food) in the desert, nor visualize in that same event how to prove he was the Son of God.
Satan introduced the concept of visualizing this to him (“If you are the Son of God, you hungering wretch, change these stones to bread, and your hunger will be solved and you will prove your identity.”)

Be like Jesus, and say, “I do not live by sexual pleasure, but by the Word of my Lord.”
Then turn to something else; and you will find angels sent to minister to you in your future as you, with Mary, say, “See; I am the handmaid of my Lord; let it be with me according to your word, and not according to any forethought of my flesh to fix myself.”
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top