C
CatholicSoxFan
Guest
An argument I’ve heard a lot against freedom of conscience/religion in regards to things like same-sex marriage is that what if somebody’s religion tells them to surpress freedom of religion? I by no means by into the propaganda that the only reason why we oppose same-sex marriage is that we are just bigots and we just use religion as our get out of jail free card, but what about somebody using religion as a get out of jail free card in another, hypothetical context?
I’ve thought about this a bit when looking into the role of women in Islam. If a more radical Muslim were to say that you shouldn’t punish him for beating his wife because he suspected her of rebelling against him, because that’s the way he interprets his religion, how would you respond?
I’ve thought about this a bit when looking into the role of women in Islam. If a more radical Muslim were to say that you shouldn’t punish him for beating his wife because he suspected her of rebelling against him, because that’s the way he interprets his religion, how would you respond?