Is god in time?

  • Thread starter Thread starter junostarlighter
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
we’ve gone a few rounds on this point in the past, and it’s not that we don’t have an articulated position, it’s that you don’t agree with it.
Yes we did John, and I still don’t understand what you tried to communicate. As I recall, you couldn’t (and didn’t think it necessary to) give an account of how anyone would experience anything differently if someone made a free choice vs. a random choice. You asserted that there was a difference, but you couldn’t give an account of how we could ever know the difference. It is as if you asserted that there is a difference between a feline and a cat; you say they are indistinguishable except that if you have a feline you are morally good in virtue of the feline and if you have a cat you are morally evil in virtue of the cat. I have no idea what you are trying to differentiate, I only know that you are going treat people differently if they have something you call a “cat” instead of what you call a “feline”.
Our debate is here: http://forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=44720&page=2
If anyone wants to look.
 
The person was Jesus Christ. The Incarnation was exactly what you describe here. God come down from heaven and stepped into time as a person, fully human yet retaining his full divinity. How much more personal can you get?
Absolutely; if it was proposed that Jesus had always existed in time, I would not raise this objection against him (though I still would have trouble with the other two members of the trinity). I’m under the impression that he has not always existed in time though. If that is not your position, my complaint isn’t applicable against your conception of God.
 
The person was Jesus Christ. The Incarnation was exactly what you describe here. God come down from heaven and stepped into time as a person, fully human yet retaining his full divinity. How much more personal can you get?
Absolutely; if it was proposed that Jesus had always existed in time, I would not raise this objection against him (though I still would have trouble with the other two members of the trinity). I’m under the impression that he has not always existed in time though. If that is not your position, my complaint isn’t applicable against your conception of God.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top