C
CutlerB
Guest
On a Facebook group made up of Christians (of various backgrounds) and Jehovah’s Witnesses, the topic was once more the Blessed Trinity. Trying to get one of them to see the proper definition of the Trinity, I encountered a statement that I hadn’t come across before. Some background first.
The Witness commented that “God” was a composite noun for Trinitarians, that is, that when we say “God”, we mean a group of Persons. I objected, saying that each Person was called God in Their own right, and that God wasn’t some odd blob of matter composed of 33% Father, 33% Son and 33% Spirit, but each of Them were 100% God for Themselves.
With this as the backdrop, the Witness replied in the following manner, which I have tried to bring into a syllogistic format.
The Witness commented that “God” was a composite noun for Trinitarians, that is, that when we say “God”, we mean a group of Persons. I objected, saying that each Person was called God in Their own right, and that God wasn’t some odd blob of matter composed of 33% Father, 33% Son and 33% Spirit, but each of Them were 100% God for Themselves.
With this as the backdrop, the Witness replied in the following manner, which I have tried to bring into a syllogistic format.
- God is in nature triune.
- Therefore, either each Person is also the other Persons, or God has parts.
- Therefore, the Trinity is false.