Is interracial marriage acceptable?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MarkA16
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkA16

Guest
Of course it is! But I have no biblical proof. I was talking to someone who said that if God allowed interracial breeding then why would He separate people into different parts of the world?
Actually, in the Old Testament a requirement for being a priest was to marry “within your tribe (race)”. I haven’t read the bible for a while but the bible has a lot of quotes like that. A lot of white supremacists believe that interracial breeding is prohibited from versus in the bible. In the story of the Tower of Babel God also separated people and gave them different languages to divide them as a message to stop testing God and believing that they were able to be as good as him. I mean if God intended races to be mixed why did he allow them to be geographically separated?
 
I find the term ‘breeding’ to have an offensive ring to it, when applied to human beings. I associate the word with animals.
 
fine, different ethnicities to mate with each other. for example, asian marrying a white.
 
Biblical proof? How about that we are all created in the image and likeness of God???
 
I doubt if you’ll find much support here for a ban on interracial relationships. Society has mostly moved beyond that. People might have discomfort with interracial marriage, but only a few fanatics would cite a Biblical arguement against it. Also, it’s socially unacceptable today to publicly condemn interracial marriage.
 
I’m all in favor of it!

Provided the rings and vows, purity of intent and bond of devotion, respect and love are all present 🙂

Be fruitful and multiply!

(Edited by Moderator)
  • But a second time a voice from heaven answered, ‘What God has made clean, you are not to call profane.’*Acts 11:9
 
I cannot tell you just how offensive this thread is! What a sick racist question! Mating, breeding? What is wrong with you? Sacramental marriage is one man and one woman. I don’t recall at my marriage hearing the priest say “Do you take this black man to be your lawfully wedded spouse?” Yes, you are quite offensive!

Inourlady
 
Yes, I’m well aware that the word ‘breeding’ has been used in the past by the aristocracy, who were the originators of this type of eugenics approach to marriage and childbearing. This doesn’t make it any less offensive to me. This type of classism is unAmerican and obnoxious, in my opinion.
 
You may miss the point in your haste to be offended.:rolleyes:

At any rate, there are passages in the Bible where God tells His people not to marry women from other tribes, but i think most of the time it is because they practice different religions (“foreign” women). I don’t know if God told Benjamites not to marry Levites or tribes that were similar in practice, but most people who would make this case probably think we Catholics extrapolate too much from the Bible, so i’d point that out. If purgatory is too much of a stretch, so is keeping racial purity. Besides, didn’t Moses marry an Egyptian? What was Zipporah? I don’t think she was a Jew or from Moses’ tribe anyway.
 
Oh mean, i didn’t know it would be this bad. I just wanted to see if there was biblical proof so I can show him. here is our private messege:
Originally Posted by MarkA15
Hi. From reading your posts in “What is finding god?” I see that you are a really cool person, who knows and follows Jesus. What I don’t understand is your “Greetings from a White Nationalist”. I’m not into politics but more into the religious part of these forums. With your understanding of Christ I’d think you’d be a very good person, which I do, I just don’t get how/why you would be called “white supremacist”, etc, and not accepting interracial breeding? Thanks GB
Me ^^^^^^^^
Originally Posted by WhiteNationalis
Actually, in the Old Testament a requirement for being a priest was to marry “within your tribe (race)”. I haven’t read the bible for a while but the bible has a lot of quotes like that. A lot of white supremacists believe that interracial breeding is prohibited from versus in the bible. In the story of the Tower of Babel God also separated people and gave them different languages to divide them as a message to stop testing God and believing that they were able to be as good as him. I mean if God intended races to be mixed why did he allow them to be geographically separated? Also if you read history you will find that secularism/atheism is on the rise and they are the ones promoting interracial breeding and forced integration. When Europe and America were religious they were against it. I know a lot of atheist liberals who promote interracial breeding to test Christianity and do it under the front of pushing social progress. A lot of Christians are easily manipulated to submit because they dont want liberals to think they are bad Christians or people.
Btw, I wish I followed Jesus but I havent read the bible for a while, went to church and have been somewhat living a life of sin. I want to return to Jesus but sometimes I just feel like I dont know how. BUt that is good that you are not into politics, because politics is just a distraction of focusing on God and saving bringing souls to Christ. You should ask on some online Christian forums about the interracial breeding quotes but a lot of Christians are politically correct and just be aware that you get a thorough answer.
Him^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, he told me to ask in a Christian forum, and that’s what I did :). So please, I don’t think I’m offending anyone. (Moderator Edited)
 
Flip answer: Of course, interracial breeding is unacceptable. Stick with the people from your own planet! (I subscribe to the theory that there is one race, and its name is “human”.)

Serious answer: No, there is no biblical support for a ban on interracial marriage (and subsequent breeding). The particular occasions which look like that–there is something more going on–it has to do w/ religious practice (and that it’s really a rather bad idea to get into a marriage w/ someone who will endanger one’s own faith).
 
Yes, I’m well aware that the word ‘breeding’ has been used in the past by the aristocracy, who were the originators of this type of eugenics approach to marriage and childbearing. This doesn’t make it any less offensive to me. This type of classism is unAmerican and obnoxious, in my opinion.
Regardless of how you feel, the terminology is not that of the OP, but picked up from a challenger. And the OP is not prejudiced!

Why don’t you cut him some slack? :confused:
 
(Edited By Moderator)

Anyone who argues on the basis of the Bible against intermarriage is not worth the time of day, in my opinion. They have a racist agenda that will not likely be swayed with reason.
 
I know that Moses did marry a woman not of his tribe. He got some flake for it from the other Hebrews. I don’t recall God saying anything to him about it. I’m not sure were the passage is though. Also St Paul talks about women marrying non-believers. I’m not sure were that is either. I’ll try to find those verses. Maybe someone else can find them as well.

He sounds like a lost soul that’s trying to find his way. He knows were he wants to go just doesn’t know how to get there.

Ok, I found St Paul’s quote. Not sure how much help that will be.

1 Cor 7
12]To the rest I say, not the Lord, that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her.
[13] If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him.
[14] For the unbelieving husband is consecrated through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is consecrated through her husband. Otherwise, your children would be unclean, but as it is they are holy.
 
(Edited by Moderator)

We may have had an initial separation when dispersed, but subsequent geographic dispersion of humans was done by ourselves and not by god. So if he didn’t intent to keep us separated, why would geographical location have anything to do with interracial marriage?

Besides, in this day and age, what is an “ethnicity”.

I worked with an Italian who grew his entire life in Spain and Colombia. If he didn’t know better, you wouldn’t be able to tell him from a so-called “native”

Allegedly I have German blood from my mother’s side but she was adopted. I’ve never been raised anywhere near anything remotely german.

I think I’d be in trouble with my dominican-italian wife
 
My parents used to (years ago) own a night club. One day I was helping clean up and found this little card about how people shouldn’t marry people of other races.

Keep in mind, I’m a grade school boy or maybe a freshman in HS, but I find it. From my upbringing I was at the time oriented to lean towards segregation and racial inequality in my thinking. This little card that some person had left set forth the proposition that “The Bible Forbids Whites to Marry Blacks” or something like that.

And it had verses. Mainly OT verses about how Israelites shouldn’t marry non-Israelites.

I thought it was the dumbest thing ever:p. It’s a total non-sequeter, that since God forbade Israelites to marry pagans, that God forbids white Chrisians to marry non-White Christians! I didn’t know the “non-sequeter” word but I saw the faulty logic even at my young age.

Not to mention the fact that the OT Israelites were not white American “Caucasians.”

Interreligous marriage is another topic, actually closer to the subject and concern of God and the OT Israelites. But modern interracial, unless there is some known genetic problem - I think it would be hard to find a moral or religious argument against it.
 
Genetically speaking, interracial unions would be superior because of the decreased likelihood of passing on genetic defects that are common to one ethnic or racial group. Genetic diversity is healthy, and intermarriage is better for the genepool, from a strictly scientific POV.
 
Moses married a Cushite, a black woman, and caught flak about it from his brother and sister-in-law. God’s response? He punished the sister-in-law by turning her white as snow and having her outcast from the community for a time. Numbers 12:
Code:
*1:* Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman;
2: and they said, “Has the LORD indeed spoken only through Moses? Has he not spoken through us also?” And the LORD heard it.
3: Now the man Moses was very meek, more than all men that were on the face of the earth.
4: And suddenly the LORD said to Moses and to Aaron and Miriam, “Come out, you three, to the tent of meeting.” And the three of them came out.
5: And the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud, and stood at the door of the tent, and called Aaron and Miriam; and they both came forward.
6: And he said, “Hear my words: If there is a prophet among you, I the LORD make myself known to him in a vision, I speak with him in a dream.
7: Not so with my servant Moses; he is entrusted with all my house.
8: With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in dark speech; and he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”
9: And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them, and he departed;
10: and when the cloud removed from over the tent, behold, Miriam was leprous, as white as snow. And Aaron turned towards Miriam, and behold, she was leprous.
11: And Aaron said to Moses, “Oh, my lord, do not punish us because we have done foolishly and have sinned.
12: Let her not be as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he comes out of his mother’s womb.”
13: And Moses cried to the LORD, “Heal her, O God, I beseech thee.”
14: But the LORD said to Moses, “If her father had but spit in her face, should she not be shamed seven days? Let her be shut up outside the camp seven days, and after that she may be brought in again.”
15: So Miriam was shut up outside the camp seven days; and the people did not set out on the march till Miriam was brought in again.
16: After that the people set out from Haze’roth, and encamped in the wilderness of Paran.
God does not approve of racism, especially in marriage.

Peace and God bless!
 
Of course it is! But I have no biblical proof. I was talking to someone who said that if God allowed interracial breeding then why would He separate people into different parts of the world?
There’s a midrash that teaches that Adam was created using the dust from all “four corners” of the earth, in order that one man could not claim to be greater than another. I think one of the major points of the creation story is to emphasize that we have the same parents. So how could marrying someone of a different race be wrong?
 
The people after Noah were commanded to go forth and multiply. I’m not sure how this could be used to argue against interracial marriages. They weren’t commanded to go forth and multiply with their own race only.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top