Hi BeeSweet,
I think it is a very good idea to get your Bible blessed by a deacon/priest.
I asked a priest to bless my bible and even other religious books like the Catechism of the Catholic Church. The priest read a standard prayer from a book and then sprinkled Holy Water over them. My understanding is that objects blessed in this way become sacramentals.
“A sacramental obtains blessings from God through the Paschal Mystery of Christ, by the prayers that the Church offers for those using the sacramental, and because of the devotion that the object, action or word inspires.”
I copied the above quote from Daughters of St Paul site
daughtersofstpaul.com/growinginfaith/basicqas/sacraments/sacramentals146.html (where you can read more about sacramentals)
You can bless your bible or any object by yourself but it won’t become a sacramental because only a deacon/priest has that authority.
For example, you can even bless the food you eat. *“Bless us Lord and these your gifts which we are about to receive from your bounty, through Christ our Lord. Amen.” *
Even though my bible is blessed, I always perform a second blessing each time I read it, that is, I just trace the sign of the cross over each page I plan to read over. (it’s just a simple prayer to keep evil away).
This is not in the Catechism but when I am using a sacramental I like to imagine or think there are many good angels around it because when the deacon/driest blessed it, it has the backing of the whole Church on it. When I bless something on the otherhand, there might only be a few of those angels, not many.