Is it a mortal sin to make an offensive joke?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LebaneseCatbolic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LebaneseCatbolic

Guest
A couple days ago, in AP human geography, we started to learn about religion. When we got to the Islam part, I made a joke about how they blow up buildings and airports. Today we were watching a video about different faiths perspectives of apocalypse, and when they said islam is a religion of peace I laughed a little. Now, I do not hate muslims, and I respect them as people, and I am pretty sure I did not mean to hurt any Muslim person’s feelings. But it was slightly offensive. It however, in my perspective, is true, and these are issues that they need to fix. I Think this is a venual sin, but I keep having a feeling that I am just trying to justify sin. Is it a mortal sin? I can not find much information on this topic
 
Given your posting history, you are struggling with scrupulosity and you should not post these questions here. Please seek help from your priest offline.

-Fr ACEGC
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top