F
fawn_hoof
Guest
Hi! This is my first post. Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in, but there seem to be similar-ish threads here so I thought I would try.
So… I was born and baptized Catholic. I grew up Catholic, went through all the big spiritual landmarks (confirmation, etc.), but I’ve struggled with doubt my whole life. Like, hardcore doubt. I’m too emotionally drained from all of it to get into it right now… Maybe some other time I’ll make a thread about that and see if y’all can help. But anyway, because of that doubt, I strayed far away from the Church.
Today, sort of out of the blue, I felt a sense that I needed to go back to church. Just a strong gut feeling. It occurred to me that I’ve never actually tried to be a good Catholic, and maybe that’s why I never “felt” God. I was fairly religious when I was a kid (like, middle school age), and I used to like praying to saints for intercession. I spent some time online today looking at different patron saints, seeing if anything jumped out… Well, I happened to look and see what today’s feast was, and it’s St. Jude. In the bio I clicked, he’s listed as the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations (also hospitals).
I literally laughed out loud. I definitely feel desperate, and like a lost cause. In fact, “desperate” and “lost cause” pretty much sum up my entire faith experience. Do y’all think it could be a sign that I felt called to the church on the feast day of St. Jude? Or am I so desperate to believe in God that I’m talking myself into seeing things that aren’t there?
So… I was born and baptized Catholic. I grew up Catholic, went through all the big spiritual landmarks (confirmation, etc.), but I’ve struggled with doubt my whole life. Like, hardcore doubt. I’m too emotionally drained from all of it to get into it right now… Maybe some other time I’ll make a thread about that and see if y’all can help. But anyway, because of that doubt, I strayed far away from the Church.
Today, sort of out of the blue, I felt a sense that I needed to go back to church. Just a strong gut feeling. It occurred to me that I’ve never actually tried to be a good Catholic, and maybe that’s why I never “felt” God. I was fairly religious when I was a kid (like, middle school age), and I used to like praying to saints for intercession. I spent some time online today looking at different patron saints, seeing if anything jumped out… Well, I happened to look and see what today’s feast was, and it’s St. Jude. In the bio I clicked, he’s listed as the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations (also hospitals).
I literally laughed out loud. I definitely feel desperate, and like a lost cause. In fact, “desperate” and “lost cause” pretty much sum up my entire faith experience. Do y’all think it could be a sign that I felt called to the church on the feast day of St. Jude? Or am I so desperate to believe in God that I’m talking myself into seeing things that aren’t there?