Is it a sin to send people homework answers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cjmoa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cjmoa

Guest
I’m pretty known around school for always sending people homework answers as soon as they ask, but I started to questions whether or not it’s a sin. I feel like cheating on homework is the equivalent to lying and since I gave them the homework, I’m at fault for causing others to sin, which I know is definitely a sin.
 
That depends very much on the teacher. When I taught, for instance, I didn’t prohibit students doing homework with each other. The burden was on each student to use the homework to prepare for exams.
You may want to talk to a counselor about this. It may be that you’d do more good by doing tutoring, instead.
My children’s teachers told us parents that we ought to make notes on homework concerning the kinds of help we gave. What the student can do on his own and what the student didn’t feel he could do without help is important information for a teacher to get. When exactly one student understands the homework, that’s usually a big problem!
 
Last edited:
It depends. Which subject/s? A number of math textbooks provide answers in the back. It allows students to compare their results and go back over the problem until they get the right answer.
 
Since you seem not to provide any information as to why others might be asking you, you seem a bit quick to presume you are sinning by causing others to sin.

You have that upside down on its head. The others came to you with questions; you did not promt them; they promoted you.

The purpose of homework is to give the student further work on problems already referenced in class, or to provide work which supplements the work in class. You have not shown how you have caused others to sin; if indeed they are sinning, they are managing to do that on their own.

If by giving them an answer you are assisting them in actually learning, then neither are sinning.
 
Does the teacher explicitly forbid cooperating with other students on the homework? If not, it’s probably not a sin.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top