D
Dave27360
Guest
Hello,
This post is regarding if it is morally acceptable to access BBC IPlayer Online if you live outside of the UK. I am in the United States and have accessed BBC IPlayer by going around their geoblock. I also am unable to purchase a UK TV Licence since I am ouside of the UK.
The BBC’s Personal Use Terms Of Service (bbc.co.uk/terms/personal.shtml) 3.2, 3.21, & 3.22 Is the area I am focusing on regarding if it is moral.
"3.2 How you may NOT use BBC Online Services
3.2.1 If you are outside the UK
You may not access, view and/or listen to certain parts of BBC Content (such as video or live television services) using BBC Online Services if you are outside the UK, although you may, in accordance with the Terms, access and view bbc.co.uk or other websites and listen to some (but not all) BBC radio content. The types of BBC Content that may be available outside the UK will usually depend on the BBC’s agreements with the persons who own rights in such content.
3.2.2 If you do not have a valid television licence
You may not watch television programmes using BBC Online Services on any device (including mobile phones, “smart” phones or devices, laptops, tablets and personal computers) at the same time (or virtually the same time) as the programmes are being broadcast, simulcast or otherwise made available by the BBC on television, unless you have a valid television licence. For more information on this requirement please see the Frequently Asked Questions or you can contact TV Licensing by calling 0870 241 5590 or by visiting www.tvlicensing.co.uk."
There are two areas which I am concerned with.
Dave27360
This post is regarding if it is morally acceptable to access BBC IPlayer Online if you live outside of the UK. I am in the United States and have accessed BBC IPlayer by going around their geoblock. I also am unable to purchase a UK TV Licence since I am ouside of the UK.
The BBC’s Personal Use Terms Of Service (bbc.co.uk/terms/personal.shtml) 3.2, 3.21, & 3.22 Is the area I am focusing on regarding if it is moral.
"3.2 How you may NOT use BBC Online Services
3.2.1 If you are outside the UK
You may not access, view and/or listen to certain parts of BBC Content (such as video or live television services) using BBC Online Services if you are outside the UK, although you may, in accordance with the Terms, access and view bbc.co.uk or other websites and listen to some (but not all) BBC radio content. The types of BBC Content that may be available outside the UK will usually depend on the BBC’s agreements with the persons who own rights in such content.
3.2.2 If you do not have a valid television licence
You may not watch television programmes using BBC Online Services on any device (including mobile phones, “smart” phones or devices, laptops, tablets and personal computers) at the same time (or virtually the same time) as the programmes are being broadcast, simulcast or otherwise made available by the BBC on television, unless you have a valid television licence. For more information on this requirement please see the Frequently Asked Questions or you can contact TV Licensing by calling 0870 241 5590 or by visiting www.tvlicensing.co.uk."
There are two areas which I am concerned with.
- Is it morally acceptable to access BBC Iplayer Catchup TV from Outside the UK?
- Is it morally acceptable to access Live BBC TV from Outside the UK without a UK TV Licence?
Dave27360