Is it ok to listen to covers by Marilyn Manson?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kmcbridehp
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kmcbridehp

Guest
I like some of Marilyn Manson’s music, but because of his beliefs as a satanist I don’t listen to his songs because they express beliefs that are against God. He does covers of some popular songs such as “Tainted Love” by Soft Cell and “This is Halloween” by Danny Elfman, i was wondering if those would be ok to listen to considering they are not originally his songs and they don’t contain offensive lyrics like his other songs do. Thank you!!! 🙂
 
I would recommend not to listen to marylin manson songs. the devil approach us many ways. and it can be seen from our deeds. if you really like the song, you’d better pray to St. Michael so he will protect you. or you can listen to another encouraging christian song which wont harm your soul at all 👍
 
Depends on the individul sin-triggers you have. It’s not inherently sinful to read/listen to and appreciate pagan art, or else even a lot of classical music would be off limits. But if it is something that could very well induce a mindset prone to sin then for you it would count as tempting yourself, and near occasions of sin are sinful to put oneself in purposely. If you think it would tempt you don’t do it.
 
“Tainted Love” should be okay. I think it depends on the lyrics. I don’t see anything wrong with “Tainted Love”.
 
I like some of Marilyn Manson’s music, but because of his beliefs as a satanist I don’t listen to his songs because they express beliefs that are against God. He does covers of some popular songs such as “Tainted Love” by Soft Cell and “This is Halloween” by Danny Elfman, i was wondering if those would be ok to listen to considering they are not originally his songs and they don’t contain offensive lyrics like his other songs do. Thank you!!! 🙂
It’s fine. Just because he happens to be a satanist doesn’t mean his voice is inherently a vehicle of evil. Neither of those songs have anything to do with satanism so it’s definitely ok. Just treat him like you would any other singer that you don’t necessarily agree with on their beliefs.

You can still enjoy the talent that God gave him, even if he himself refuses to worship God.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top