Is it possible that God would never tell us our vocation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter benjammin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel your pain. I tried to find my vocation, the result was that I am called to priesthood but only to find out that I am not good enough for that(I am good in math but very bad at language, so I failed a theology) D:
Will pray for you!!

Prayer is what counts!!

I hope You Become a Excellent Priest and save many souls!!

Fratere, Orare Pro Me ad DOMINUM DEUM NOSTRUM!!
 
I just don’t know what I want. Nothing sounds appealing. I’ve thought about the priesthood, but it doesn’t seem like it would be a good fit. I’m just not interested at all. I went to school for IT and am working in that field but I’ve since decided I can’t stand it so I’m pretty much not going to be able to advance beyond my entry level position. I don’t know what I want to do. I’m very smart, but it’s hard to move forward if you have no idea which direction to go.
 
He may have to work all the time, for the time being, and moving to a place where the prospects are better may not currently be a good option, for various legitimate reasons. He does need to use his imagination to look for openings, though. If the desire is in his heart, it still needs his active pursuit to be realized. These things don’t just fall into the lap, most of the time. Sometimes it does take a lot of patience, though.
Its not so much that I work all the time, but I work at weird hours. Also it almost seems as if every night i have work is the night something is going on. Also, i feel its dishonest to skip work to have fun or something like that, and it just seems selfish to skip just to go to a retreat.
 
Its not so much that I work all the time, but I work at weird hours. Also it almost seems as if every night i have work is the night something is going on. Also, i feel its dishonest to skip work to have fun or something like that, and it just seems selfish to skip just to go to a retreat.
I’m not suggesting that you call in sick in order to go have fun. That is irresponsible, you are right. I’m not suggesting that you ask for your own time off with no thought whatsoever about whether a different night might not work nearly as well for you and much better for the enterprise you work for. That’s totally reasonable. Good employers appreciate employees who are team players.

I am suggesting that you arrange for time off so that you can have a life. That is not irresponsible. That is rational. Rational employers, as it turns out, want their employees to take time off from time to time, for the very selfish reason that a) it makes them into better employees and b) the best employees won’t settle for less. If something important is coming up, arrange to have that night off. (This can be difficult when you are at the bottom of the ladder, but that is only because you lack seniority, not because there is anything wrong with asking.) If your employer thinks your life and the life of all the other employees ought to revolve around the business, with no effort from the business at accomodation coming from the boss–you know the kind of boss I mean, the guys who seem as if they’d roll their eyes and grouse if you had to take time off for your own mother’s funeral-- look for your chance to move on.

As for the retreat, that is time you set aside for God alone. As much as you need time to rest yourself, you need time to rest in God even more. Never apologize for that.
 
So how do I work with him huh. I’ve been told many times to attend catholic events. Well they are almost always on nights I work. Also since I work weekends retreats are darn near impossible. My church doesn’t even have any singles. Most of my parish is older, and their children are older than me and already taken. How do I work with that. I can’t exactly move right now.

Also, I wasn’t born the most attractive guy. I’m sorry, but even devout girls need something good to look at and that i’m not. Sorry if its an excuse I can’t help it. I understand your trying to help and I’m glad that your husband made such sacrifices but I just feel like your being uncharitable and saying i’m lazy. I’m sorry if i’m taking this hard, but I hate when people say I make excuse. It feels like they are just picking on me rather than helping me with solutions
Regarding the bolded statement above…I truly think that personality means more than how someone looks. I am sure you are not as bad as you are making out (we all tend to be our own worst critics, and I have said many harsh things about my own appearance) but in my experience, speaking for myself only, I tend to fall for a man’s personality and what they stand for. And that changes how they look to me in the end. He could be the ugliest person on earth and I would still find him beautiful. And I would be willing to bet that a lot of women out there feel the same way.

Don’t worry so much about what you look like. Worry more about what you are, what you believe in, and how you treat people. That is the most important. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top