Is it sinful to enjoy watching "hardcore" wrestling?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maxirad
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on who and where you are in your faith. For example, watching movies with “romance scenes” in them are often too much of a temptation for me. Other people aren’t bothered by them.
 
I reallly don’t know what is being discussed here. What is “hardcore” wrestling?
I used to watch wrestling once in a while, but now that it’s all EXPENSIVE pay for view I haven’t watched for years.
 
I reallly don’t know what is being discussed here. What is “hardcore” wrestling?
I used to watch wrestling once in a while, but now that it’s all EXPENSIVE pay for view I haven’t watched for years.
Wiki gives a description of it HERE

Peace
James
 
Is it sinful???
I’m sure most will say no…At least not in a traditional sense of “sin”…me - I’m not so sure it isn’t…

To me - it promotes things, emotions, that I don’t think a Christian should be promoting - even by watching it - even in the form of “entertainment”.

I guess I have to ask the question of myself…If Jesus were sitting there watching TV with you…Would you choose to watch “hardcore wrestling”?

Let the flak commence…:nunchuk:

Peace
James
 
I could be wrong, but it seems to me the intent of the viewer plays a role on whether it’s sinful for them or not. Are they watching specifically because they enjoy violence for it’s own sake? If so, that sounds problematic. I watch WWE, which incidentally is much milder than the promotions the OP mentioned, because I love the theatrics and storytelling of wrestling.
 
Is it sinful???
I’m sure most will say no…At least not in a traditional sense of “sin”…me - I’m not so sure it isn’t…

To me - it promotes things, emotions, that I don’t think a Christian should be promoting - even by watching it - even in the form of “entertainment”.

I guess I have to ask the question of myself…If Jesus were sitting there watching TV with you…Would you choose to watch “hardcore wrestling”?

Let the flak commence…:nunchuk:

Peace
James
I think this is where we go back to the whole violent games/movies question a short while back. (If you recall…)

I would certainly think that “hardcore” wrestling is little more than glorification of violence. While other, less violent, sports like football have a certain goal in mind (no pun intended), it seems to me that the only goal in hardcore wrestling would be to cause pain in another individual. (Correct me if I’m wrong – I don’t exactly pay attention to wrestling, much less hardcore wrestling).

So, yeah, I’m on the same page as you, JRKH. This doesn’t sit well with me.

Although maybe not so much the “would I do this if Jesus were sitting next to me” argument. 😃 Frankly, I think I would be too nervous to drink a *beer * if I were aware of Jesus’ presence.
 
I think this is where we go back to the whole violent games/movies question a short while back. (If you recall…)
yea - and I think the "If Jesus were sitting there with you (and actually he is)…is a good rule of thumb to apply to games as well…
I would certainly think that “hardcore” wrestling is little more than glorification of violence. While other, less violent, sports like football have a certain goal in mind (no pun intended), it seems to me that the only goal in hardcore wrestling would be to cause pain in another individual. (Correct me if I’m wrong – I don’t exactly pay attention to wrestling, much less hardcore wrestling).
So, yeah, I’m on the same page as you, JRKH. This doesn’t sit well with me.
Scary - ain’t it??..😃
Although maybe not so much the “would I do this if Jesus were sitting next to me” argument. 😃 Frankly, I think I would be too nervous to drink a *beer * if I were aware of Jesus’ presence.
Not me…Not only would I drink a beer, but I bet he would have one too…:thumbsup:After all, he drank wine…I just wouldn’t suggest trying to polish off a twelve pack with Him…😃

Peace
James
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top