Is it sinful to work on a Sunday?

• Thread starter Thread starter edjlopez23
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry – just not sure what you’re talking about here.
This was just a random example of the difficulty and time requirements for transportation during the period that I read as pre-1900s (mea culpa). Give an old man a break, eh?

Seems like a good question to me if the OP wants to ask it. I asked about 8 years ago. To this day I haven’t received a completely through answer. I’ve probably gotten 54 opinions …all accurate…and many contradictory.

Trying to better understand catholic doctrine to live out the faith in both letter and spirit.

I would suggest that there are two tiers of work on Sunday. The first are those whose work is necessary for the society to function, 911 operators, fire fighters, etc… If they work on Sunday then it is ok. If they don’t go to mass because of their work then that is ok also. There is a second tier where the people work so that society can function in a comfortable manner, waitresses, cooks, gasoline station workers. They can work on Sunday so that people taking the day off on Sunday can be comfortable. However I think that they should arrange their day in such a way that they can get to Sunday mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back